4ooi turn signals | FerrariChat

4ooi turn signals

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Bonnieboy, Jan 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bonnieboy

Bonnieboy Rookie

Sep 30, 2005
    The turn signal/emergency flasher relay in my 1980 400i has been acting up. Flashing very rapidly on turn signal when I am at idle, although all bulbs are o.k. Seems to work o.k. on emergency flasher.

Unit is an Italamec J590bj945. I replaced it with a standard three prong electronic flasher unit and that unit promptly blew the fuse.

I checked Dennis McCann. They list the Italamec unit for $110.00.

Soooo, has someone out there come up with a more financially rational approach to addressing the problem?? (I am not a stickler for concourse-level originality.)

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Bonnieboy

2. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    My 400 also does this at idle, with the headlights on only. Looking down at the speedometer, I notice that both directional signal indicators are lit. I tap the top of the dashboard, above the speedometer, and all is fine (until the next time).

Hey, she's Italian! :)

3. Brennan

Brennan Karting

Apr 28, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Brennan Johnson
    I don't have any issues like that to report. However, when I have the LHS turn signal on, the hazard flasher button in the consol also flashes. But when I have the RHS turn signal on, the flasher button is dark. (off hand, this is how I remember it - I may have the sides reversed though). I've always thought that was a bit strange...

Brennan
    '84 400i #47583

4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Try NAPA and most auto stores..pull the flasher, take it with you to the store along with the proper relay..it's all about those cute little numbers next to the prongs...veryvery common everyday flasher..total..$15-$20.. for both and your on the road..enjoy..Jacques..over..

5. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Mine has started doing this too, until the car warms up a little. I tried your tapping trick to no avail. The hazards don't seem to work at all.