488 Spyder racing seats | FerrariChat

488 Spyder racing seats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Los Angeles pi, Aug 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Los Angeles pi

Jun 30, 2017
    Getting ready to order a new 488 Spyder. I know most of the options I want, but I’m looking for experience from others with racing seats. I like the way they feel and the extra headroom I get (I’m 6’3”) so they are my preferred choice. Just wondering about the optional seat lifters as the wife insists on her “turn” to drive. So do they work well? Will they give me (us) more seat positions without sacrificing headroom?

Thanks.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You might want to move this to the 458/488 forum where it may receive more applicable exposure. That said, I ordered my GTB with sport seats and the seat lifter (available for driver’s seat only). The seat sits very low and it’s nice to have a bit of up/down adjustability. I’ll try to dig out a thread from earlier this year which presented height measurements between race seats equipped with and without the lifter. My recollection is the seats equipped with the lifter where just a couple of mm higher.