488 Spider or F8 Tributo | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 Spider or F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Yang Yang, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I noticed you did not order the LEDS steering wheel. It's a great option to have and adds to resale for later
    However I think you can do without HELE,AFSI,and CEIS just really rethink them hard

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    You raised worries in another thread about depreciation and then come up with that spec?

First, you'll lose a lot of money on that spec
    Second, you're using an old build options list. Rear camera is standard, among some other issues I noticed.

Order what you want, but just know what you're getting into considering your prior concerns.

Shadowfax, paulchua and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I absolutely know what I’m going to do. I know I will lose many money on it, but I don’t wanna regret on my first Ferrari. 488 Spider is my dream car!
    Could you tell me where can I find the new option list? Thank you so much.

4. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    It’s included in Driver Zone (CIDL).

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    And for those three, I will rethink it. Thank you for your suggestions.

F2003-GA likes this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    This is my opinion .

You have gone for full electric seats. Well I did but it was standard in Australia , no cost. But very good as it has memory functions.
    You have speced Rosso Corsa. First car great colour to chose. I went with Rosso Corsa Metalized , dearer option , hard to distinguish between it and normal RC unless both cars side by side.
    Would go black interior NOT red . I didn't go for red stitching as many do but white as it really shows the black leather shape better.
    Shield YES
    Diamond wheels and yellow calipers up to you. Note that the wheel centers , Shield and caliper yellow are all different shades of yellow, don't match.Think about it, I did and went Standard wheels , aluminium calipers and aluminium centers . That way only yellow is the shield so there are no clashes.
    Embroidered horse yes and that's where my white stitching really shows the horse.
    Front and rear sensors yes
    Camera and lift up to you but I believe it should be standard now.
    Hele, if not required by law , no way
    Dedication plate up to you , I did .
    Mats dear but good to have.
    The standard black TACO looks great easy to read

Now I come to the discussion that you have speced carbon. Up to you but its a cost and IMO you are getting a spider. I would target more on luxury and have everything in leather. Again that's my opinion given you want full electric seats. Also way cheaper. Save over 15 k. Standard wheel are ok. You can upgrade if you wish latter on , and save 8 k.

Ild definitely would have LED steering wheel but if you dropped the carbon have the whole steering wheel leather.
    You should get the monochromatic mirrors as the standard mirror looks like its out of a 1986 Toyota.

Unless you carbon more parts outside the car leave the air splitter in red.

Don't rush your decision , especially you have stated you are worried about depreciation.

7. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    Wow! Your suggestions are really helpful for me. I very appreciate your help. And I hesitated to order a brand new one or just get a used one. I think if I choose to buy a new one, maybe I will regret. So I choose to get a new one, even if I may lose about 100K on it.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Don't think about lose for a moment.

Think to yourself DO I LIKE THE 488 of F8 ????????

See I like both but have the 488GTB only 6 months. For me its easy i don't need the F8 now. Ill enjoy the 488 GTB for 3 years then go F8 , similar to you where people will say buy second hand because new car being released . But it wont change me no matter because I will NEVER buy an electric car.

The F8 will be my last car to have for ever.

So the logical thing if you like the F8 wait for it. You have lived without a Ferrari for so long , another 1.5 years is nothing.

If you want to loose 100k and can afford it well either way its a waste. Better to hire a 488 GTB once every month for the week end to get you fix. God knows that's probably more than some Ferrari owners do

9. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I certainly don't want to lose 100K on it. But I think when the F8 Spider is released, the price of 488 Spider will drop. And I love 488, especially the interior is much better than F8 I think. So through your suggestion, you suggest me to wait the F8?

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Your build basically has all the popular options plus some extras. I really wouldn’t change anything about it. If you’re concerned about saving a bit of money then take out the carbon fiber except the LED wheel.

My only advice is really think carefully on a red interior with a red exterior. If that’s what you really like, then go for it. But just know that red on red is generally very unpopular. I think it will drastically impact your resale beyond anything else.

11. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It is easy to predict that over the next couple of years 488s will take a hit, probably a significant one. If you are concerned about depreciation, the 458 is a better bet. The 458 being an older car will have more maintenance issues.

Bottom line: Ferrari ownership and saving do not belong in the same sentence. Ferrari and passion do.

Viperjoe and Hendry2019 like this.
  12. Anindith Reddy

Apr 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Anindith Reddy
    I would wait for the F8

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    This, exactly.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Patience is a virtue.
    Out of sight out of mind. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Always a counter truism.

paulchua likes this.
  15. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    Black with goldrake racing seats in black and red. 4 thousand some miles. Still have it did not trade it but was offered

16. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I just took delivery of my 2019 488 spider @ list price even with knowing a Ferrari factory guy.----worth every penny.
    I have porsche tt but this 488 is over the top awesome in EVERY way.

Cigarzman and Viperjoe like this.
  17. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I guess I look at purchasing a Ferrari as fulfilling a dream of something I truly want and not as a “value” purchase. I never asked nor expected a discount. I knew I was entering a game of give and give and they take my order, haha. If you have unlimited funds the game is easy order 1 of everything, have them all Tailor Made to match and you will win both your dealer and the factory favor. That isn’t me so I learned the game is different. It was important to me to order my Ferraris in my exact specs so I waited and that’s what I did. I find a significant portion of my joy of ownership starts with the vision and the ordering process, waiting, the anticipation, and seeing your vision a reality when it finally arrives. Buying used is clearly a more fiscally responsible path but I am buying someone else’s idea. Nothing at all wrong with that, just didn’t fit my plan. Maybe others find it easier, but I can’t even go in and buy a “hot” Patek or even a “desired” Rolex at a discount. I can’t buy my wife a new Hermès Birkin or even Louis Vuitton at a discount, and I am OK with that. Things cost what they cost, you will be much happier looking at your purchase as a reward for yourself and not as a potential for loosing money. YOU WILL LOSE MONEY, it’s that simple, sometimes more than others. A Ferrari is always a want and never a need, so you have to ask yourself what do you REALLY want and then take it from there. Only “looking for the deal” will just add stress to what is otherwise meant to be an amazing experience.

Just some thoughts, good luck with your journey it really should be fun, first and foremost!

Best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVP488 likes this.
  18. Lobekay

Lobekay Rookie

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lob Lob
    A very practical options scheme. . .
    1. carbon fiber: include if you like the look. Otherwise, its price is out of proportion to the weight (reduction) savings. No die hard can tell that their 488 is 1 second faster due weight loss by carbon fiber parts substitution. The steering wheel with the blinking lights, unnecessary if you're a true driving enthusiast (you want to change gears with the sound of the engine and you don't want to be looking down at the steering wheel)
    [I know I'm going get 'in trouble' from the die-hards in this chat forum]
    2. HELE: a royal nuisance, especially in heavy traffic. Its cost is not worth the perceived savings in gas
    3. front suspension lifter: would simply have the dealership install plates under the front and be certain to angle when you see a potential offending bump
    4. AFSI: great (and practical) option in a mass produced high end vehicle. For a car that you'd only occasionally use, it's one more thing that can go wrong

A few things you did not include that could be recommended:
    1. dual tone exterior paint: not too practical but it looks visually nice (roof and below doors of different color as the rest of the body). For the rest of the body, would strive to choose a color that is not common
    2. premium HiFi system: an absolute must. The base sound system, extremely lacking
    3. passenger display: not too practical but your significant other or spouse would feel more inclusive
    4. titanium exhaust pipes: not sure if the jury's out on this but they're supposed to enhance the exhaust note
    5. Daytona (or racing) style seats: the CF look is actually best in the racing style seats, if you're inclined to play a racer
    6. front bumper protection film: practical
    7. would suggest 20" forged dark painted rims. They look awesome, matching the non-CF interior metal
    8. would suggest coloured special stitching

Have fun with your list and aim for no regrets

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Gotta admit you've sure got me confused over the anticipated loss on this car and what you are prepared to accept.

Frankly looking at your spec, and on a brand new 488, if you only lost 100k that would be an absolute dream in comparison to the likely reality, especially three years from now. It's not gonna be pretty.

20. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    So, it’s not a good time to buy a 488 right? No matter a used one or brand new one, a used one also costs more than 310K with good options and condition for now.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Pretty sure you will figure it out without requiring any assistance here.

You've been coming out with some funny stuff lately, but I'm not buying.

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I think going by all your posts that you really dont have a plan.

Yes no one really wants to lose money but with cars YOU WILL.

Ferrari is a passion something that you really want , a dream. If your worrying about dollars lost so much , maybe the Ferrari isn't for you.

But if you think im wrong BUY the car that you want.

Second hand you will save a bit, but you never will have the full experience of ordering YOUR spec car.

If the F8 is better for you , lose less then just wait , be patient and enjoy the experience.

For all I know you could be a troll on this site but I hope your not because its wasting many peoples time.

23. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I’m sorry, but I don't want to waste anyone’s time, I really want to get some suggestions. I deposited in Ferrari Newport Beach for a F8, but the salesman said there were 16 people on the waiting list in front of me. And a third-party dealer told me that they mark up 30K for the first F8.

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yes you are going to get many before you as you are in the States.

You want a F8 SPIDER just wait. I wouldn't pay any mark up that's just bullsxxt. In the meantime take some of the dealers car out for a bit of a run. Just remember when you get your F8 it will be close to the new car reveal.

25. Lobekay

Lobekay Rookie

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lob Lob
    Some more practical advice. . .
    With a list of 16 ahead of you, if you don't want to wait another 2 years for delivery of an F8 or F8 Spider, would get what's available to you soon. . . a 488 Spider. It's an incredible car and, by now, all of its kinks have been worked out.
    I'm sure that the introductory F8 is as grand as all other Ferrari cars, but its looks and numbers are not convincing enough (over the 488).
    Would wait for what I hope to be the revolutionary hybrid V8. With possible LaFerrari (and Porsche 918) numbers, that is certainly worth waiting for (while you enjoy the incredible 488)