488 Pista - qualifying demands | Page 42 | FerrariChat

488 Pista - qualifying demands

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Doctor Mark, Oct 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well that makes two of us now. By bye no one... (how appropriate)

IPO1 likes this.
  2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I put him on ignore as well...nearly 4000 posts on a forum where he owns none of the cars in question.
    Pathetic.

IPO1 likes this.
  3. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Just out of interest, how does dmark1 get away with constantly attacking other members without earning himself even a reprimand let alone a ban?

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    TiL having one post a day on Ferrari Chat over 10 years without opening a Ferrari is pathetic. Nice way to label people...

Better tell all the losers on here who just like cars or engineering or design how pathetic they are since they aren't wealthy huh?

Lesia44 likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I do not think the problem is with those who love cars and all that entails following car forums, but rather endless posts about cars with no personal experience with any of them.

Follow the forums but dramatically curtail the posting.

SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    This thread has really gone off track!

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Nothing to do with driving experience. Comments on subjects that involve numbers and facts may irritate to a lesser degree.Lay off the subjective stuff.

9. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    thanks and hope more will exercise this great option. no need for ungentlemanly discourse. this is supposed to be a fun diversion, not a sniping ping pong match

chrisf355spider and JackCongo like this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They always do! :)

JagShergill likes this.
  11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Any moderators?

Sent from my 16M

12. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    All these car forums mostly have volunteer moderators, that's why all threads go off topic and sometimes out of control. You use to go to forums and get valuable information from actual car owners, now they seem to have more trolls than valuable information. Ignore features have become pretty popular lately but don't solve the bigger issue

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The moderators do a fine job. It’s a thankless job. You don’t want to moderate everything- as it takes away from the discussion. But the ignore feature is a good one. Use it.

Lesia44 and j09333 like this.
  14. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Back on topic - is there any general consensus as to how long production of the Pista will continue?
    The indication from my dealer is that it will run for another 12 months until January 2020. All their supply for this period has already been allocated to established customers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Please file this under: this could be wrong! But- I have been told they need to end all 488 production by end of 2019. There is apparently some change in some regulation or law somewhere that means the entire 488 must be done by then. *IF* this is true, then I would imagine we will see new 488s trickling into dealer lots for a few months into 2020 because it takes time to ship them.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I've noticed a very big shift in car ownership and the perception of ownership amongst the younger 20-40s demographic in my neck of the woods (bay area). I'm sure if you talk to Ferrari, Mclaren etc dealers around here they'll tell you it's all the same old faces buying cars...young blood is far and in between, which is staggering because there's a **** ton of new money around here from tech.

My personal theory on all this is that current prices on exotics are not sustainable in the long haul because there won't be "fresh" demand. We are seeing an unprecedented pivot/paradigm shift...how it all pans out, who knows. It does appear the major manufacturers & tech companies have taken notice and have made big bets to stay ahead of the curve.

I think a collapse in price is not entirely out of the question, esp if the big names continue to shape the current narrative of autonomy and machine learning in this 4th industrial revolution...and energy companies are going to be in close pursuit to supply all the new alternative energy demands of these companies to well, stay in the black...I feel pretty sure we will all witness a big pivot in this lifetime; our "old petrol" cars just as still sculpture/art might happen sooner than most think.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #1042 IPO1, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Meh--SF area is a bubble in car world and always will be...plenty of $$ floating around. Housekeepers drive 720s if I believe half of what my CxO friends in Bay area tell me. The younger set will catch up, they always do--we did. And the tech money from my friends out there is insane as usual--they are spending plenty. SF is going down hill in many ways, but $$ is alive and well. But what happens out there is NOT reflective of the US. We know that...

Then again why are half moving to Austin if SF is so great--please for the love of god stay the hell out of TX (says the native Texan).

18. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I doubt it.

Machine learning has been a narrative since the 80s.

Being able to get their cars to full range in 5 minutes isn't something people will give up anytime soon.

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    SF doesn't seem to have many exotics given its wealth. Tech people lately weren't into cars as kids and so no surprise that they aren't when they're older and have money.

Walking by 5, 10, 30M houses in SF and you don't really even see it full expensive cars. Lots of normal stuff. Not even full it Mercedes or BMW necessarily.

Ferrari and exotic brands will always be able to count in wealth from celebrities, socialites, and people who need to show off wealth. I don't think shallow people are going to suddenly disappear. Someone will always want to be seen in the latest exotic expensive car.

What will ultimately drive exotic prices down is plateau in performance. There is a real limit to real world performance and when you hit it, you will have to sell your car purely on design/fashion and cachetN because all cars will be able to offer that same plateau of performance. Not going to happen yet, but in a few decades probably.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So only shallow people and those that want to show off wealth buy exotics?

21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Now I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth. Please carry on .... :)

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I may be wrong but Bay Area culture strikes me as an outlier on this issue and a lot of other recent viewpoints. Historically, California and the Bay Area have arguably been ahead of the cultural curve but I’m not sure this will be as true in the future. There’s also a lot of intolerance out there for cars other than soulless Teslas.

Many of my friends have fled the West Coast for other areas of the country with more traditional and/or broader interests & hobbies. I understand that interests are changing, but I also think nostalgia for fast, fun, & noisy sports cars could ironically increase as times change. My son is 21 years old and he and his buddies love Ferraris and other anachronisms like mechanical watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No, I said there will always be those people even if there are no enthusiasts left. I can't think of many times in history where there were no people concerned with material possession, wealth/status.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO Performance is not the major reason,Its ownership of an exquisite piece of machinery that drives most of us to buy exotics

Bundy likes this.