488 Pista - qualifying demands | Page 39 | FerrariChat

488 Pista - qualifying demands

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Doctor Mark, Oct 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Lets hope NOT mid priced between 488 and Laf. Should be in the teritory of aventador.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shack likes this.
  2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #952 Albert-LP, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    This comes from Quattroruote January 2019 issue.

They say mid engine, V6, Hybrid, Turbo.

They don't know if Geneva (March) or Frankfurt (September)

They say "15 new models (or upgrades/restyling) within four years": means 3 or 4 every year

Picture: rendering of their own preview of the car, based on the prototypes camo pictures

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  3. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    That rendering is light years of any future project.
    And about the rest of the info, I invite you to read my previous posts.

488GTS, of2worlds, Shadowfax and 6 others like this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Oooffff that is ugly. Looks like a mix of NSX, meets R8, meets 488 parts bin. Man I hope it's better than this. But yes almost guaranteed v6 from what I hear.

488 is starting to look better :eek:

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Now I’m really glad I got a Pista.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    Wondering as to when we will start seeing the updated/facelift 488 before it's March revealing?

7. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    I think they're talking about the real 488 successor that comes around 2021. But next year's 488 car is neither a hybrid nor a V6.

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I would be surprised if the 488 refresh within the next year or 2 will entail more than a slightly inferior
    Version of the Pista. Revised front and rear cosmetics and a bump in HP to 680.

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If it's really that limited I wonder what's the point... The Pista is selling its "exclusivity", but the 488 is going to have a hard time against recent competition and a mild facelift may not be a huge help; the 720s is already a serious threat in spite of all the previous mistakes McLaren made.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The refresh will be aimed at those who could not get a Pista. Sales will thereby be rejuvenated until the genuine successor to the 488 is introduced.

Shack and of2worlds like this.
  11. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    If that's the case, a slight bump in HP will do nothing and a 1 year facelift run will mean hardly any sales.

Nobody will pony up 300K for a slightly modded car when a brand new from the ground up car is around the car. This is why "special" versions are introduced at the final year run. Look at what Lamborghini does with their cars and you'll see the garbage resale value and sales of their Aventador.

Aventador
    Then Aventador S
    SV
    Now SVJ. What a joke, SV owners must've been mad when SVJ got announced so soon.

If I ever get a call from my dealer saying he switched my Pista allocation for another car that's a constellation, that'll be it for me and many others. Ferrari knows better and that's why Pista will continue towards the end of 3Q 2019.

Gh21631 and BarryK like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    15 new models in 3-4 years?? Following the Mclaren playbook?

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Except they have two engines and four layouts. McLaren’s problem is that they do the same all on a mid V8 platform. Given that, they have become pretty good at it - 570, 720, Senna and Speedtail all have distinct customer targets and could easily sit in the same garage. Imagine if that speedtail were a bit prettier and a V12 though...

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Aesthetically the Speedtail is very unappealing. Why would anyone purchase a car that looks like that and is specifically designed and manufactured for a singular purpose- maximum MPH in a straight line.

Ferrari 360 CS likes this.
  15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I suppose it’s the F1-style three seat layout, the massive power and pace and let’s face it, it may not be as swift around a track as a Senna but it won’t be bad and should be great to drive. Rather it looked better though.

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Speedtail was a big miss. Maybe it’s better in person??? I think the Senna is ugly as well but again, haven’t seen one in person.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Senna is stunning in comparison to the Speedtail. The latter is ungamely and awkwardly proportioned.

18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    You haven't seen both in person...

19. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #969 IPO1, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    That may not be a good thing...from a depreciation standpoint (which is Mac's greatest challenge).

I officially gave up on 720 this week. As much as I love it, after seeing 140 listed online for sale (and another 4-6 not posted at each dealer) screams issues to me. I'm kicking myself for letting my Performante allocation go for April delivery. Now impossible. And only two dozen for sale online. 24 vs 180+ that is what is wrong. With the Ferrari 15 new models program they will see same over production issues and depreciation (albeit not has harsh maybe).

I love the 720, but it's not in my cards. Struggling to find a new Performante coupe at this point. Pretty much sold out...need I say more. Long live NA.

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  20. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    You can't factory order a Performante, production is ending in preparation for the refresh H. The HP was always a 2 year limited run. As for the SVJ, Lamborghini made a wise business decision. They have Aventador tubs that need to be gone before the replacement so instead of milking the AV S and making a very limited number of SVJ's they decided to limit production of the AV S and use the remaining tubs for the SVJ. They've done a masterful job of milking the Aventador platform and the SVJ is just another way for them to make extra profits on aging platform that will finally be replaced.

Back to the Pista, a dealer reached out to me and offered one for $150k CDN + msrp + options. Not worth it imo. If it was say $50k I might have entertained the offer but no way in heck am I paying $150k.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I can get you a brand new 2019 Performante coupe. PM if you are interested.

22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think it will work like that, Ferrari will produce ‘a few’ more but its production total will be spread over more models which is possible because of there being more Ferrari engines and platforms. McLaren’s problem has been they have tried to ramp up production from a low base, with one basic platform and engine. That is quite different.

15 models in a few years is Ferrari’s response to competition and the search for increased profit. The pricing is going to increase (as we already seeing) and the more limited production per model will help to justify that. It’s not until the Purosangue arrives that production is likely to break the 10k barrier and that car’s production is unlikely to affect the residual of the others. I have no inside knowledge but I think their plan is becoming pretty clear. They will protect residuals fiercely because they know it drives customers’ behaviour - residuals must be manageable. Number for sale is never the problem, number for sale v demand always is.

23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Actually yes you could, I had a 2019 Performante coupe order in last month for April delivery--from largest US Lambo dealer and I've bought from before. I cancelled as I went on 720 pursuit. So yes, not only could I at the time, but I did.

24. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I have been looking at the used 720s market and while prices are coming down, the depreciation does not appear to be any worse than a used 488s (which do not appear to be one of the brands most loved products). All things considered, my 599 tanked in price far worse than the other cars mentioned.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are only 24 for sale because it actually apparently wasn't that successful of a model. I heard it way underperformed in sales in Europe. There are 24 vs 180 for sale, but depreciation on the Performante has been the same or worse. Less cars + same/worse depreciation -> low demand.

I wouldn't read too much into the for sale numbers. There are more used iPhones for sale than Google Pixels, but iPhones have better residuals...