488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 31 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Very interesting
    I asked Anna at the atelier when speccing my aperta and again later when speccing my tdf about having both seatbelts and harness (like some other brands do) and she said no way. She did not mention the possibility of the preparation for harness...
    I’ll try to do it on my pista !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Shack likes this.
  2. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Great shots, thanks for sharing. Out of interest which camera did you use?

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  4. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Sincerely my pleasure. Panasonic Lumix TZ100.

It's easy to use, sits in my pocket, delivers great results (for my need) and has wifi hotspot capability making transfer of shots to my iphone painless.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Maggio23, jm2 and SAT4RE like this.
  6. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Thank you, great quality from such a compact camera

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The spec options on this one are going to be complicated! I did harnesses on my Speciale - I also had them on my CS, which I did not spec from the factory. I’m glad I did on the Speciale because I will keep that car and it adds to the drama of every drive. I haven’t found it too much trouble at toll booths.....but my wife has!!

For the Pista I will probably go standard 3 point. The reason? I only ever use the Speciale for long trips, partly because the harnesses do take away from the car’s ease of use and only really make sense on track or long, fast drives. For more regular drives, say 30 min to an hour, if I use a Ferrari it is normally one of the others and if I’m honest, the harnesses are some of the reason.

I want to use the Pista more. But then, those one-piece buckets..... And if you choose the one-piece buckets shouldn't you take the harnesses...?

I also love the exotic colours (my Speciale is Rosso Maranello, 488 is Blu Corsa, FF was Rosso Maranello etc.). So if you take the carbon wheels, exotic paint and full carbon everywhere, plus the buckets and telemetry (had that on Speciale and don’t really use it as intended), you are looking at a massively expensive car - probably £350k, £100k more than my Speciale cost even with its £18k paint and £10k telemetry.

So, it will likely be no harnesses, no telemetry, possibly no buckets, no 3-layer paint (but who knows once I get in that TM booth...!) but definitely carbon wheels and more exterior carbon than I normally go for - mainly because they did such a good job on the appearance of the Pista, it deserves it. Probably get to around £300k or ‘only’ £50k more than the Speciale. Bargain!

8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I am sorry but I am not familiar with the term you are using "buckets " is there a 1 piece bucket seat option for this car? If so are there any pics of it?

9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Interesting as to me CF wheels can be added any time in the future so not necessary to do it upfront or until there is some real knowledge regarding repairs of CF wheels. As harness seems to not be available as a retrofit (assume telemetry and buckets can be) this is the one that keeps me vacillating.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

-CD- and Afonsolaw like this.
  11. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Price point will be hugely different factory option vs dealer fit. Wouldn't be surprised if its almost double......

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I’m personally not a fan of the single piece bucket seats but for anyone who does get them I would think the harness belts are a must.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  13. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    I'll take harnesses on my Pista as on my Speciale but I agree, not so easy !
    Full exterior carbon for me and Rosso Corsa Argento Nurbürgring stripe but no carbon wheels

JagShergill and Afonsolaw like this.
  14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I completely agree my friend re the harnesses - I specced 4 points on several of mine in the past. ..... the 4 points do add a little hassle factor but just for 20 secs or so. My Gfs have always struggled with harnesses creasing and riding up skirts /dresses - If you can live with that ? :)
    I totally agree with the cf need - I am a hopeless CF junky !! I'm going to max out ( can't help myself ) on my Tri colour paint , stripes ., full cf out and in and even though I shouldn't with uk pot-holes , I know il just grin like a complete imbecile and point at the CF wheels and nod "" yesh pleeez""..... I'm the dumber from dumb n dumber :)
    I'm flying off to Italy and the factory tomorrow eve for a couple of days speccing a couple of my forthcoming Tailermade Cars- feeling fortunate as 1 of them is my Pista. I love Ferrari . They are at the top of their game . They give me tingles and urges that mere metal shouldn't . But they are beyond metal/alloys/oils etc etc as we all know .. they are visceral. I'm like a giddy kid the night before flying to Disneyland . I've been to the factory many times but always , ALWAYS, an event . It makes the long , often stressful hours at work v worth it ... trips to maranello to spec my cars recalibrates me back to the 10 year old kid enjoying the opening credits of Magnun Pi more than the episode to get a glimpse of the' exotic' Ferrari ....
    Your right will be north of £120k options - however since I won't be selling her but regularly ( almost DD - i.e. At least 3-4 times a week) driving her to work , its worth it to me ... it's just a shame that I've put on more weight ( pizzas /currys/vino) than some of the weight saving on the car ... :)

15. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Have a great time at the factory doing your specifications. Let us know what you decided once all done! Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F2003-GA and JagShergill like this.
  16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks - will do.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Those seats are also available for the F12 Tdf and the 812 Superfast, but for some unknown reasons nobody ordered them

I've seen them on only TWO cars only : The TDF display car (Picture) and member "Chaussurecowboy"'s car

Caeruleus11 and Afonsolaw like this.
  19. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Are those seats custom built around the driver?

Hard resell if you dont like the seat position (whether customized or standard)

20. PantherMD

PantherMD Karting

Dec 14, 2016
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    David G
    Unfortunately not available in USA

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Chaussurecowboy should be able to answer. IMO they are not custom built

22. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Maybe it will grow on me. Not to hot about the front. Need to see how it flows in person.

23. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Makes the 458 engine look like it's from the last century.