488 Bluetooth issue - requires to click “back” first to start playing | FerrariChat

488 Bluetooth issue - requires to click “back” first to start playing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by superfluous, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    I have my iPhone hooked up to my 488. Whenever I get in the car, it won’t play unless I click “back” and then click into the media section again. Anyone know why?

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Me too! Looking forward to the feedback...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. #BecauseFerrari

Enjoy the Italian charm.

legendd likes this.
  4. mikatsu

mikatsu Rookie

Mar 4, 2019
    Hey man.. did u manage to get it fixed ? Having the same exact issue as you right now..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

whupwhup likes this.
  5. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    Same issue. Sometimes it doesn’t work until I turn off the car and open the door. Randomly starts playing. It’s comical.

6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mine does the same. I doubt there is a fix. The radio sucks and we have zero alternatives.

7. Don Molina

Don Molina Rookie

May 18, 2015
    Ever since I got the car, if I get in and it's "cold" aka sitting for a few hours, I need to change to radio and then back to the media to get the bluetooth going.
    If I just parked for a few minutes and then get back in (like to refuel), then the bluetooth starts playing without issue.

The phone always connects, it's just that the module in the car won't play the media or something.

It is what it is, for me it's a habit now every time I start it, so not a biggie.

Only actual issue I had was one time a couple of months back when I had no audio for no particular reason. No bluetooth, no radio, nada. It was a small road trip (a couple of hours) and it happened after a short pit-stop. I had to do the rest of the trip with bluetooth earbuds. When I arrived at my destination, I parked for maybe 15-20min and when I got back in the car everything went back to normal.

As far as niggles go, I prefer that to more expensive and serious issues :)

8. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Anyone have a delay in volume control when they turn the dial up and down?

9. Don Molina

Don Molina Rookie

May 18, 2015
    Yeap, also that. For small increments it's imperceptible, but when you crack the volume up or down it takes a couple of sec to follow with the actual result.

Eric C likes this.
  10. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It sucks when you've got the volume up and notice someone next to you trying to talk to you. I panic trying to get the volume down lol

11. Effthreefivefive

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kamreet huder
    Mine same problem (volume and playback of b.tooth). With the b.tooth problem, I find it easier to simply cycle through the mode button that’s behind the right spoke of the steering wheel until I’m back to b.tooth again, then it’s fine.
    The volume was a major issue. Went back to dealer for a fix who followed directions from technical in Maranello that ended up blowing the whole system. Maranello had to send out a whole new module to refit. Volume lag better now but still not great…