#46721 For Sale At ARTCURIAL Auction, RETROMOBILE 2013 PARIS | FerrariChat

#46721 For Sale At ARTCURIAL Auction, RETROMOBILE 2013 PARIS

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dinopaul, Jan 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinopaul

dinopaul Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. Pyrford Ranger

Pyrford Ranger Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    there seems to be quite a few coming to auction worldwide, so t will be interesting to see if interest has picked up.

Am i right in thinking this car was last serviced in 2001? and has done 5000 km in 19 years!

25-35k euros estimate seems pretty high,I reckon it will be nearer 25 than 35 but lets see!

I'm interested in what this achieves as i've got a RHD version of this.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice looking color combination although the chocolate brown dash is jarring to look at. The tool kit is not original to the car.

With only 5,300 km (less than 3,300 miles) traveled since 1994 and last significant service apparently in 2001, this car will need a fair amount of recommissioning work unless there are service records to suggest otherwise. Sometimes it is possible to talk with the seller before the auction and to inspect the car closely to determine its true condition and that would be a good idea here if anyone were to consider bidding within the estimated range.

But, hey, it's a 5 speed, in a nice color combination, apparently clean history albeit without much mileage in the last 20 years or possibly regular maintenance and it is offered at no reserve.

What could possibly go wrong? :)

4. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    "It is indeed rare to see a 400i with a history that has been so carefully followed and preserved over time. If one considers the fact that it is manual version, then this car becomes that much more desirable for a young father with the soul of a collector."

5. dinopaul

dinopaul Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Auctioned for 35.741,00 Euros taxes included

6. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Bloody hell !! That's very strong money, £30k for a 400 at auction is very good

7. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe I should pull the ads for my 400i 5 speed off of FerrariAds and Hemmings and advertise it in Europe! I'm quite sure that I could ship it there for a lot less than the $18K price differential! :)

A buyer in Switzerland had no issues with buying my 1959 Turner and shipping it home a few years ago.

I wonder what the import duties are in the EU?

8. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Equal to US$47,893 :)

9. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The description says original condition but it's got colour coded bumpers (I thought that only came on 412s) also my (84 400i) toolkit bag is circular with half for tools and half for first aid , this has a rectangular type holder , which one is original?
    Rob

10. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    See post # 3. The circular one is the correct one for a series 2 400i, like in mine and yours.

11. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I will say that interest has picked up FOR SURE.. just based upon the number of unsolicited inquiries I've had here on Fchat and just in general- Usually it's one or two a year- This year there have been around a dozen people who have told me they are seriously looking for a car.

Now that does NOT mean prices are going up- to the contrary- the rash of $20K ebay cars has made people think that these cars are "Mondial 8" priced Ferraris- and THAT has perked up interest.

When I tell people that IF I sold my 412 I'd want in the area of $40K... they are immediately out of the conversation.

12. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Appologies John , i missed that part. too shocked at the price achieved! I thought the cicular one was the original.

Also noticed tha this is no concours vehicle as if you look at the centre console picture some of the heater switch surrounds are broken or missing.

Also noticed on the warranty card photo that it was bought on my 16th Birthday!

I agree Jay that there's big interest in these at under £15K in the UK or $25k in the US but its still tough to break that in the UK unless its really special ( which i don't think this is particularly especially as its hardly budged in 19 years according to service records)

but things do look to be looking up!