458 water temp not displayed pump is hot!? Help!? | FerrariChat

458 water temp not displayed pump is hot!? Help!?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Severson, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Severson

Severson Rookie

Dec 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Joshua Severson
    I have a 2013 458 spider. I noticed the temp guage doesn’t have a needle and I cannot tell what my cars temp is. I’m scared to drive it as I cannot tell if the cooling system is functioning at all. Please help.

Yes I know where the guage is on the left screen displayed next to the oil temp. The oil temp has a needle that starts at 120 and come up as the car gets warm. The needle doesn’t exist on the water temp!? Also the fan comes on right away when I start the car. And the red water temp light is flashing constant. I crawled under the car removed the skid plate and the part where the radiator hose comes off the motor is HOT!

2. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    If you plug an obd2 gauge to nto the car It should show a temp as well,as other parameters

3. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    No needle means you have an open circuit somewhere. Would start with checking the coolant sensor.
    Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Severson

Severson Rookie

Dec 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Joshua Severson
    Can that mean a fuse? I changed the sensor in the front under the trunk. Wires look good. Can barely get to the sensor above thermostat on motor from underneath but it is connected.

5. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    Quite possibly but I have seen this before and it was the sensor near the thermostat as you say.
    You will need to remove the inspection panel behind the seats in the firewall.
    Simple job to get to and check.
    Check with ohmmeter if you have one available.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk