458 Sticky Refinishing..... | Page 7 | FerrariChat

458 Sticky Refinishing.....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dave rocks, Aug 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It is not my intention to mislead anyone or disparage anyone's work. I have no skin in this game and respect different companies offering options to Ferrari owners. That said I do not believe I was speaking out of turn either.

I did a bit of research to support my comment and welcome Robbie's explanation for the following findings which are the work of Sticky No More. To my eye these are decals but perhaps I am not judging this correctly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Also while looking around I did find these two videos that do two things:

1. Show the difference between the work of the two companies out there

2. Explain Robbie's position of how it is 'possible' to save the OEM markings. It is up to the customer to decide if this is acceptable or if a full re-finish and re-marking is the better solution

MANDALAY likes this.
  2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The MAIN VDA and PS did not come out of my shop. Do not use anything that looks like that. The LOCK overlays like those have not been used for years. So if your going to say we do certain things please make sure you are current on what we do and how we do it, not something we did years ago when we first started, LONG before ANYONE else was helping with this issue. I can make vids and pics also and claim they came from a competitor. I focus on what we do, not what others do, period. I'll move on now, have a good day....

3. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
  4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Sticky Rx has done the interiors on at least 3 of my Ferraris and I can say their work is pure perfection. Dave at Sticky Rx is a consummate professional and he currently sets the standard in interior refinishing. Sticky Rx's work is superior to anything else on the market. Period.

5. derekfertig

derekfertig Rookie

Apr 27, 2021
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Derek Fertig
    Thats not bad, my local ferrari dealership is talking about $3500, which is almost twice your price

Robert Collins likes this.
  6. bobo20

bobo20 Rookie

Feb 4, 2012
    I dont know if this has been covered, but are there any videos or instructions to disassemble dash to send in sticky parts to be recoated.
    I have a 2011 458, and this would be of great help if you could point me in the right direction

7. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    I'm interested in this also. I looked at the instructions on Stickyrx which is a start but I don't think they're complete.

Rich

8. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Don’t ask me exactly where but yes there is a good set of instructions on the forum from a diy with pictures. I used them and they were a great help

9. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Here you go I think this is it “458 interior removal”. By doubled33

10. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    In the 458 workshop manual, it starts on p. 1274 (section E4.02).