458 speciale | FerrariChat

458 speciale

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by RumorDude, Jun 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    #1 RumorDude, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    after eons, i have finally received my speciale -- one of the very last one ever produced (anyone have detailed stats on vins for me to see how far back i was?)

Only 8 speciale's were delivered by Ferrari of Seattle - and we're definitely near the end of the estimated 1700 car production. There are not enough reviews of this car online that do it justice. The steering input is extremely light and fast (reminds me of my old f355 challenge racecar). The brakes are not a brick like the F50 was - there is actually some travel. It sounds outrageously wicked - in fact you can see the engine from the rear view mirror. Starting from zero is very gentle and soft - but if you put your foot down a bit more, then it'll unleash the 600hp without really any squeamishness. Also, unlike a lot of cars, you'll notice there is not really a center console "display" - everything instead is built in to the main dashboard and two joysticks (one left, one right) let you configure/tweak things. Notice that virtually all driving controls are on the steering wheel - turn signals, volume control, wipers, etc. You never have to pull your hands from the steering wheel. Which is good because the telemetry package comes with three cameras including one that points at your hands on the steering wheel (which is of course recorded to a USB as well s a multitude of performance metrics). I only gave the side-slip-control system a little bit of a test - the car is so damn fast it really needs a racetrack to play. Either way, it appears to be marshmeowlow approved... at least he is on the car cover!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

DScuderia21 likes this.
  2. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
  3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congratulations, exceptional, thanks for sharing.
    Love the look of the Racing seats, any thoughts on them after driving in them a few times?

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hope that isn't the case. We here in Arizona have three more Speciales in the works and hear production may last through September. I'm only status 10.

Anyway congrats on the car!

5. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    oh i am sure they are making more - let alone the speciale aperta, but i'm thinking they're probably 80-90% through the whole run.

so far i really do like the seats. they're plenty wide, pretty comfy etc. my only complaint would be the typical "racecar" type of things -- like how the chairs are bolted to the frame making it more difficult to adjust. i'm only at about 200 miles and haven't tried any long drives yet, but for toting about town they seem comfy. also, you can make the suspension pretty spongy feeling with a few button presses, so that could help some people's comfort level.

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #6 StoryBook, Jun 7, 2015
  7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Looks terrific, I hope to see you at Ferrari Day at ERTC. :)

8. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Beautiful ride, the spec is definitely a very special machine.

9. 458steph

458steph Karting

Jan 17, 2012
    Near Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Super sweet!
    No stripe, I like it.
    Are you going to E@RTC. For Ferrari day? Or next week end Ferrari track day?
    Might see you there.

10. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    easily the best ferrari i have driven ever. i don't know how else to explain it really other than the car is super extremely very amazingly ultra excellently balanced. it feels so light and agile. darty. quick. dextrous. all while feeling very, very "safe" -- i don't think there is an evil bone in it's body. it's like it wants to help you drive faster without making it feel like you are goign to slip up and accidentally kill yourself (or someone else). it's like this harmonious benevolence it there watching over you. actually, it is watchign over you because it has cameras and crap all over the place. anyway, you all need one!

of course, three are a few complaints. biggest complaint is the "stereo". it's terribly horrible. now, i don't consider it an important feature of the car, but it sounds super cheap. i'm sure it's fine for bluetooth talkign to people, but it's terrible. [the 'engine stereo' easily makes up for it though.]

@458steph // f355spider -- i did bring it for an hour to e@rtc this past saturnsday. honestly i think there were so many cars -- porsches (!) that it probably got a little bit lost in the crowd. of course, that's fine. also, regarding the stripe, i really badly wanted it. but both my wife and father in law forbid me from doing it. so we compromised and now instead i have this super nice italian flag thingie going down the seats. so i have a stripe, it's just on the seats instead of the car! honestly though, with the red body and shiny black roof thingie though, i find it extremely pleasing to look at!

@storybook -- maybe - if it was on the eastside i've put 100+ miles just in woodinville/redmond over the past few days. and now i have to figure out this gas tank thing. it looks weird.

@FerRrari --
    INTP Leather single colour Nero
    EMPH Horse stitched on headrest Filo speciale Bianco
    External colours Rosso Corsa
    DEDI Additional options Silver dedication plate
    EXT1 Additional options Handy fire extinguisher
    LEWA Lower Zone Leather wheel arches
    CALS Brake calipers Rosso Scuderia brake calipers
    LOGO Additional options 'Scuderia Ferrari' shields
    DEPK Infotainment Telemetry kit
    NAVC Infotainment Radionavi system + Bluetooth
    SND2 Infotainment Integrated audio system
    TRCA Infotainment Track inner cams kit
    SRSC Seat type L
    HAW1 Additional options Heat insulating windscreen
    ELEV Additional options Suspension lifter
    RPMY Rev counter Giallo
    EXAT Additional options Titanium sport pipes
    PAR2 Additional options Front and rear parking sensors
    PAC1 Additional options Parking camera
    AFS1 Additional options AFS System
    CEXN Carbon fibre options Carbon fibre side nolders
    CTU3 Lower Zone Lower tunnel in leather
    STC2 Special stitching (dist/thick) Filo speciale Bianco
    RUF1 Leather headliner Nero
    BIC2 Two tone body painting Nero Pastello
    CEL2 Carbon fibre options Carbon fibre engine cover
    CEXD Carbon fibre options Rear diffuser in carbon fiber

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well, Kevin, I hope you will bring it out to ERTC on June 20th for Ferrari Day!
    Sorry to hear they carried over the crappy stereo quality of the Scuderia...mine is horrible...but oh well...I can still barely understand the functions, as Becker has the least friendly user interface...not at all intuitive. They should hire a few Apple employees...

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    #12 RacerX_GTO, Jun 8, 2015
  13. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    /LOL! not only does it purr funny, but it sure is warm!

btw if you look at the third picture above (of the interior), you can see he was actually on the window when i took the picture... well you can see his four paws at least

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Too funny....I'm a cat guy too.... ;)

15. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thank you for sharing your insight on your 458 special and tagging one for the PNW.

16. Lawin

Lawin Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Larry Nguyen
    congrats. it will be nice to see another speciale running around woodinville.

17. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Wonder how many are in the area now? I'm aware of six...or at least have physically seen six.

18. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    there were four at rtc last weekend. i believe there have been nine delivered by our local dealer -- though obviously people could have moved them around or whatever. i havent seen any aperta's tho. have yoU?

i was kinda surprised by the white one at rtc last weekend. it looked pretty awesome, but also seemed to have schizo wheel colors. anyway, it was neat.

p.s. did you see that awesome purple 430 near the enzo/f40/gto? omg what a great color! ;)

19. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #19 StoryBook, Jun 22, 2015
    Theres another S nearly identical to yours! lol

I'm sorry I actually have physically seen seven S's....and one A....well sorta. ;)

20. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    hey great minds think alike - no problem there!

it is really the best one yet. it's just a very light, tight, precise package that is really quite nice to drive. very excited about this car still...

21. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    [QUOTEi was kinda surprised by the white one at rtc last weekend. it looked pretty awesome, but also seemed to have schizo wheel colors. anyway, it was neat.[/QUOTE]

He actually has 3 sets of wheels. A different look from each side :)

22. Schloredt1

Schloredt1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2015
    I remember seeing your 430 driving through the neighborhood while I was growing up and thinking to myself at age 13 "wow, someday I want that exact Ferrari, purple and everything". That car is a true show stopper, I fell head over heels in love with its unique factor, and on that day posted a picture of a purple Ferrari on the door of my room, this is when my serious obsession of supercars started. Anyway, flash forward to about a month ago (now 18 years old) starting my own consumer funding company, I was having a god awful morning and thinking to myself "why should I try to start anything on my own, I should just go get a job and give up on this" right at that exact moment I saw your 458 speciale drive by me for the first time, it Motivated me to not give up on my goal and work as hard as possible till I achieve my dreams. (1992 512tr) I just wanted to thank you for that and motivating me throughout the years without even knowing it haha, the speciale is stunning, the color combo is perfection and It truly looks like the standard 458 on steroids, and I bet the performance also refects that. I would love to get a closer look sometime. Enjoy this summer sunshine.
    -Marcus

DScuderia21 likes this.
  23. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Priceless comments. That is awesome. Stay motivated Schloredt1. You remind me of me a few years back. I'm in the same neighborhood

24. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    He actually has 3 sets of wheels. A different look from each side :)[/QUOTE]

Wow....a three sided car?!

25. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    /agree!! glad i could inspire someone! feel free to flag me down or whatever if i'm putzing by.

now, how you two both are in my neighborhood and i've never met you... well that's a mystery to me. well i guess i've now met you, fq. :)