458 Speciale Meets F12 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Meets F12

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Solid State, Jul 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just saying hi to the driver of the 458 Speciale that we past by each other today. I think it was about 1:00 pm on a glorious 75F sunny day on one of the Howard County MD country roads (perhaps Triadelphia or Brighton Dam). The Speciale looked Rosso Corsa with white/blue stripe livery and I was in my Rosso Maranello F12. Sorry I did not reply to your wave as I can never find the horn! Your car sounded great.

Interesting story was I made an effort to double back and perhaps link up and in doing so had a great time learning just how much traction the F12 has in the twisties at several times the posted speed limit. It was just amazing until a Howard County police car caught up to me at the next stop light. He pulled alongside of me into the oncoming lane rolled his window down and said (to my shock and amazement) "Hey, I just saw a 458!!" I said "yeah and I was going to double back for a chat". He replied that I had a really great car and to enjoy the ride!!! Then he turned left and I went right.

That was my only encounter with the police in my four years of ownership. It could have gone so very wrong but that gentlemen was just so nice and such a car guy. You could see the joy in his face. If he perhaps is reading this then Thank You So Much and I owe you a ride any time.

Was very impressed that he could come close to keeping up in that black Charger but honestly don't know how long he was behind me. Best.

LARRYH and Bisonte like this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Quite a story. Glad it ended well for all.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Funny enough, today I was sitting at a traffic light and I see a sheriff pull up next to me but there is no one in front of him. I look over and he is smiling away checking the car out. I wave hello, he did th same. Never happened to me me before.