458 - 458 speciale Engine mount life | FerrariChat

458 458 speciale Engine mount life

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by kimwizzzuuu, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    My 15 458 speciale was in for the 6th annual service. Was told by service department that the engine mounts were collapsed and need to replace. For reference my car had about 6k miles. Has anyone experience the same thing? I didn’t feel any odds or vibration from engine when driving the car. One last question, what’s the reasonable price to replace those? Was quoted around 3k from dealership.

Thanks in advance!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    First gen Californias with the same engine had failing motor mounts but haven't heard about this in the 458 specifically.

Either way, take it to an independent if you want to save money. The California dealership replacement is also $3000 so that sounds right what they are quoting you. Independent I believe it's under $1K including parts.

3. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thanks, I was really curious to see if anyone gets the same engine mount fail but couldn’t find any on forum. I’ll let my guy inspect them first to see if those mounts are really collapsed. I don’t expect them to be failed at only 6k non tracked miles.

4. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    It is a six year old car now. And I think the mounts are made of rubber, so they degrade whether they are used or not, just like tires. So while unexpected, I wouldn't think it is that odd, just maybe a little unlucky.