458 - 458 Silver Wheels Paint Code? | FerrariChat

458 458 Silver Wheels Paint Code?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Richard Browne, May 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Richard Browne

Richard Browne Karting

Sep 26, 2020
    Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Richard Browne
    Hi Everyone,
    The wheels on my 2015 458 Spider were repainted to black by a previous owner and I am keen to revert them back to the standard silver colour. To achieve this I am trying to acquire the paint code and Ferrari do not seem keen to pass on this information. The original details listed online only states the following...
    RMSV - 20" Forged Painted Rims

I have the attached picture of the car from the production line acquired within the MyFerrari App showing the original colour. Does anyone here recognise the paint code for this silver please?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    A professional paint shop can look up almost exactly the same color. They have special equipment and cameras for it.

3. Richard Browne

Richard Browne Karting

Sep 26, 2020
    Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Richard Browne
    Thanks but what source would they have to go from? I only have the picture, the wheels where painted black by a previous owner.

4. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    What you need is one wheel with original color. Then visit the paint shop with it.

I am sure someone would borrow you a wheel. Maybe even a dealer if you have connections there.

5. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Body shops will have the info to get the code just like they do with the main paint color. A couple years ago I went looking for the code myself and did not find it, however through paint chips at an auto paint supply store I found a shade that worked extremely well on fixing a scratch on my wheel

6. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Can’t go too far wrong. I’ve touched up two stone chips on my rear near side rim with Audi Reflex silver.

I do appreciate you wanting the correct Argento though :)

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    If anyone has this info, would love to know ... I just had a 20" forged painted rim touched up by the local McLaren dealer and it came out more silvery and shiny than the original paint on the other rims. Ferrari's silver seems to be more of a flat grey-silver color than a metallic one.

8. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    There are 2 shades of Silver! 1 is Ferrari Grigio Silvertone, the other is more Silver. This should put you on the right track. mine is the darker and i don't remember which number is which. The darker is called Ferrari Grigio Silvertone, the lighter ? Codes are 266613 & 266642 respectively.

9. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Thanks!

10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I believe the more silver # made by PPG is PPG 3620. The one I gave you initially was the Grigio Silvertone which is the darker of the two.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I’m pretty sure the standard Ferrari silver wheels are Argento Nurburgring- on the 458 forged wheels there are some areas with a darker grey. To my eyes it looks like it could be Ferro or Silverstone. You might have to try a sample wheel to see what you think. Or you could do the entire wheel in just Argento Nurburgring

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    36520 perhaps? That would be Argento Nurburgring. 3620 is a white color.

mathewr likes this.
  13. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Your right. I think I'm becoming dyslectic. Thanks for the correction

coolsky66 and vjd3 like this.