458 - 458 oil pressure test | FerrariChat

458 458 oil pressure test

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by anxpert, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    ... had the dreaded low oil pressure / stop engine prompt.

While the consensus typical to this problem is a faulty oil pressure sender, it is quite a challenge to remove said sender for testing / replacement.

The sender is quoted at 400+ from the dealer, with a 2 to 3 week delivery from the factory.

As an alternative to replacing the oil pressure sender to verify root cause, I removed the oil temperature sender ( easier access ), and tested oil pressure by connecting an oil pressure gauge purchased from Amazon, which included the proper metric adapter.

Happy to confirm 80psi of oil pressure !

Total investment of $60.00 for the tool kit and about an hour of work.

I can now confirm that it is in fact a faulty oil pressure sender and await for the part from the dealer or Ricambi .

FYI a 1 13/16 -1/4 inch drive allowed for a fairly simple process in removing the temp sensor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

action-ant likes this.
  2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Your posting is a bit confusing but it does demonstrate how "good" the iPhone is at messing up people's intended spelling.

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    awesome thanks for sharing. i just had my this same problem and i am hoping it is the sensor as well. i already had mine towed to the shop though