458 lock/unlock sounds | FerrariChat

458 lock/unlock sounds

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by loco667, Mar 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loco667

loco667 Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    PL
    Full Name:
    Tomek
    Hi!

Could anyone tell me how to disable the lock/unlock sounds on a 458?
    There's nothing about it in the manual, but probably there is some key on/off sequence or other way to disable the beeps.

Thanks,
    Tomek

2. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Can't your dealer help you?

3. loco667

loco667 Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    PL
    Full Name:
    Tomek
    Bought the car second hand.
    No Ferrari dealers in my area.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Different countries have different rules on noises for lock/unlock and alarm systems. Probably will take a dealer to effect a change if one can be made. All the tech data resides on MODIS, so hard for non-dealers to get access. Instructions are not in the owners manual.

There is a thread in the 458 section on how to work the electronics. You might ask in that thread if anybody has heard of a capability to turn off the beeps like you can on most American and German cars.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315281

I assume you have an owners manual?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

5. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ok. Not sure about 458 but the position with the 10 year+ prior 360 is that your alarm is either set to beep or not to beep dependent on country spec. Mine is euro spec and doesn't beep. I've asked here before if anyone knows how to enable the beep and drew a blank.

Maybe email the dealer and ask?

6. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    Sorry for bringing this thread to the top again.

I'm still looking for a way to switch off these annoying beeps when locking and unlocking the car.

My dealer can't help. He confirmed that there actually is a way to switch the beeps off (in a hidden service menu) but he is not allowed to.

Maybe I should try to find the siren itself and pull the plug?! But where is it?

7. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Bumping up this thread. I left my car for annual service, got it back, and now it doesn't make the sound when I unlock or lock the car. Is this a setting? I want it on...

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

8. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I want it gone... never had a car that a user couldn't disable it in. I'm guessing that with the correct CAN access the security module can be told it's EU instead of US...