458 bettery Details | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 bettery Details

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F485, Nov 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    Hi Mel
    Hi melvok is the dealer one 70 amp or 74 amp?

Thanks in advance

2. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    Hello passionate

I think if you keep the factory AGM option which is designed for the car better than changing it to lithium as i don't mind changing the battery every 2 years. The charging system designed for AGM battery with its charger and as I read from threads that you need change to a lithium charger that fit the lithium battery and maybe for long term usage yes it worth it and for 1 to 2 years with an acceptable price go for AGM battery

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I just don't get it. We have endless discussions about lack of reliability, because of the OE batteries. Talks where people talk about not wanting to drive their cars to a restaurant because of fearing that the car will not start, people finding it annoying that they cannot leave the car off the charger for 2-3 days and all the rest of it. And yet we have people recommending sticking to OE. I get the fact that not all need a long term solution, trust lithium etc. and that is perfectly fine. But for the sake of all cavalinos holy, even for a short term solution as in less than 2 years, the OE is NOT a solution. It might start to cause problems after 2 months, not 2 years! This is why we say don't! It is perfectly fine to stick with AGM, but why dobwe have go keep repeating the mistakes? It does not have to be a slightly more expensive Braille AGM, which for all intended purposes is still very affordable all things considered, it could just as well be a Varta Silver Dynamic or the Interstate MTX for those in the US. Just do something to get away from the OE battery.

Sorry if this turned rant'ish, but it just seems a bit nuts to me recommending the OE. I think Einstein had the correct view on repeating the same thing over and over, expecting djfferent results.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mdrums, elt360 and sampelligrino like this.