458 - 458 Appreciation Thread - Why do you love it? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 458 Appreciation Thread - Why do you love it?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mikael-F360, May 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your car. Most importantly you came out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

blvckintl and Petrolhead#32 like this.
  2. nakataF

nakataF Rookie

Jul 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Abel
    Those are the special lightweight forged rims with titanium bolts, one with chrome finish; and the other with a matt gunmetal finish.

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

Petrolhead#32 likes this.
  3. SteelWool

SteelWool Rookie

Apr 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The beauty of that engine through the back window. The incredible way the 458 incorporates airflow and design into a visual and functional masterpiece. An engine soundtrack that lights up your sense of occasion. The linear power delivery of its naturally aspirated engine as it builds its symphony to 9,000 rpm. The way the sunlight dances across the Giallo Trisrato covered curves. Racing seats that are stunning to look at and hug you in all the right ways. A car that whether you park it in your garage or on the street, you can’t help but look back as you walk away and think, “damn I’m lucky”.

Attached Files:

bball16, jc1, Petrolhead#32 and 5 others like this.
  4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I had mine powder coated in silver.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They are OZ Racing rims from the Ferrari Collection catalogue. Here is a shot of them on my ‘15 Italia… They are stunning rims and they always get lots of compliments…

Cheers!

pnd4pnd likes this.
  6. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow, they look great in all Silver!

Cheers!

Eilig likes this.
  7. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    This is the best sports car I've ever owned. It is a visceral driving experience, has a real motorsport sound, looks amazing and will run at the knife's edge of adhesion.
    I started my Ferrari journey with a 348 TS- yellow, then a 355 Spider- Rosso Fiorano, a 360 Spider Rosso Corsa and a red 430 Spider. This is my keeper. Ferrari got a clue and made the ownership costs different with the lack of engine-out belt services, a great transmission and brakes. And yes....every time I go for a bike ride or a run, I pat the 458 on the butt and tell her how beautiful she is.

Graz, bball16, xfrgtr and 2 others like this.
  8. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I am really not a fan of those wheels but who am I to judge? Especially if they reduce unsprung, rotating mass.

9. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    That second one is a great shot.

10. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Those flowing lines and uninterrupted curves. Pininfarina really knew what they were doing. Visually pleasing but still practical design. Last to wear the prestigious PF badge.

Too bad Ferrari took over the design themselves.

11. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    As much as I love a triple coat paint, I "wasted" some money making the interior more bespoke. Ponying up for race seats, black stripe/cavallino, red stitching elsewhere, then upcharge for going beige in upper zone, on speaker grills, console, lower dash, and adding the leather back wall, not to mention all the carbon is still worth it to me today.
    Car is not "perfect" but just can't justify selling it to get something else. Almost 9 years and I still love its looks.
    Best

Attached Files:

12. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    My first Ferrari, a 360 and then a 430 were yellow. Did my 458 in red - likely by mistake. LOL. I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing Ferraris in Giallo Modena.
    Best

StevoA, Rexcat458 and Rick Weston like this.
  13. michaelr

michaelr Rookie

May 18, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Michael Riccioni
    ha ha I mean I'd like to but i've no where to go! Especially with Covid last year, and London isn't the greatest place to drive a car for enjoyment. Later this year i'll hopefully add a few more miles...

14. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Ah yeah, Southern California has a lot of great driving roads. Heading up Palomar mountain and doing all the backroads is a 150-mile trip for me.

15. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
  16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Top down weather yesterday and today. The 458 is just an incredible automobile. Heading west on 33 out of Harrisonburg, got a bit carried away and kept driving. From Germany Valley in beautiful West VA.

blvckintl, 430jm, michaelo and 5 others like this.
  17. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    And all of your 458s just went a little more up in value because of the new direction Ferrari is heading with V6 hybrids.

You have the last true mid-engined NA V8 by Pininfarina. What more could you ask for! And the last FCar with an actual KEY.

blvckintl, michaelr, 430jm and 6 others like this.
  18. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have an '07 F430 spider..Triple Nero .had it a couple of years and just love it Early last year was contemplating selling an getting a 458 spider...love the lines of the car, the METAL roof, some tech, etc Anyway, trigger not pulled and cars are now north of $215K Oy! Anyway, I guess I will be happy with what I have for now, as I am still a lucky man these cars are just awesome

19. carlm

carlm Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    carl el murr
    430jm, Mikael-F360, bball16 and 2 others like this.
  20. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I appreciate my 458 because it's appreciating in value. :p

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  21. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Earlier this morning I enjoyed another F-Joy ride in my ‘15 Italia… Along one stretch of road there was a couple pushing a baby stroller with a wee lad in it.

As I neared them, the little lad started pointing at my 458 and bouncing up and down (as much as he could in the stroller seat anyway) as I passed.

Even at that young age, he knew that the 458 was epic! It stirs your soul down to your DNA and that little lad knew it. He is a petrolhead in the making.

On another F-Joy ride a couple of months ago, in the same area there was a couple walking along with two very young lads on bikes (with training wheels).

As I neared them, both of the lads jumped off their bikes and started jumping up and down and pointing at my 458. They get it, even with training wheels still on their bikes, they get it!!! Two more future supercar buyers no doubt…

The 458 never fails to impress, it’s such an epic car that even little lads get excited to see and hear it drive by.

It truly is a “Moment in Time” car where the stars aligned and the gods in Maranello created a masterpiece of automotive art and passion.

Cheers!

22. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Was a great day to lead the convoy! And a great car to do it with. Loving it more every day. Just like you do too, Gentlemen of good taste!

Boomhauer, 430jm, Eilig and 6 others like this.
  23. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Nothing beats being on Key Biscayne on a Sunday afternoon with my 458 Spider.. Well, the roaring sound at 9-K is just as sweet!

Ray

Boomhauer, Rexcat458, Eilig and 2 others like this.
  24. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    It's funny, just this weekend I was driving by a couple with a young kid in a stroller and he gawked and pointed at my Italia as well. It's like the Italia is engrained in our DNA. We just know it's something special.

Rexcat458 and Mikael-F360 like this.
  25. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.