458/488 Midrange Adapter Fixtures from Scuderia Audio | FerrariChat

458/488 Midrange Adapter Fixtures from Scuderia Audio

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoftwareDrone, Jul 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've sold hundreds of the laser cut, stainless steel, tig welded adapter plates. However, they have a list of shortcomings. First, they position the speaker not nearly as close to the speaker grill as they should be. Second, there is nothing behind the speaker that could prevent water (from rain, car wash, etc.) from falling on the back of the speaker cone and/or on the magnet, potentially damaging the speaker.
    My new 3D printed fixtures hold the speaker almost at the same position as the OEM speaker. We backed the position off 1/8 inch to accommodate for the greater excursion of the higher end midrange speakers. Additionally, there is a shroud built into the back of the fixture to protect the back of the speaker from moisture. This rear semi housing actually helps to improve the sound of the speaker, resulting in increased mid bass.
    The red pictures are of a Speciale, the white pictures are of a 488.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Absolutely great work !

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  3. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Awesome! Would you mind posting the STL files or sending them to me in a PM?

4. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Mike, is this a better solution for the F8 as well?

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely. For all the reasons mentioned above. It cost me a lot of money to have these designed and they cost a lot of money to make (meaning I probably won't be able to make much money on these) but they are superior to the flat stainless adapter plates in every way.