458 & 488 ECU Tuning + Mase Flash = Real Performance Gains | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 & 488 ECU Tuning + Mase Flash = Real Performance Gains

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MaseEngineering, May 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rttj777

rttj777 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 3, 2014
    Georgia
    Just curious. How does it damage the valves when they are locked fully open with the remote? Seems like the back pressure with the pops and crackles happening during the opening/closing phases would be the problem.

2. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I wouldn’t mess with the ECU if you plan to keep the car for a long time and are concerned about reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid State likes this.
  3. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017

Don’t listen to this person. Mod the heck out of it, it will hold up fine, and thank those of us who encourage you to do so, later :D

4. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Are there any high mileage 458s with ECU tunes? I obviously would love to do it but concerned with reliability. I also bought the extended power train warranty which this would definitely void, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DenverBob

DenverBob Rookie

May 24, 2015
    Like any good Ferrari owner there have been additional modifications made to the 488. My earlier post included the ECU tune by Mase Engineering that resulted in significant power gains. Now to the same 488 in an effort to grab a little more power and especially get the sound to the level of a proper Ferrari, added 1.) metal alloy charge pipes to the turbos, 2.) test pipes, and 3.) S- Exhaust system (no valves). All of these items were from Fabspeed. Now that these additional items were installed we sent the ECU back to MASE Engineering to optimize for performance. The result was noticeably more power. Keep in mind that this power increase was on top of an already large increase in power from the initial ECU tune (as posted above). And for the sound, much success here, did change the persona of the 488. The S-System exhaust system does give a much louder Formula One sound. The amount of comments and questions received at the last Ferrari track day really validated the success of the ECU tune by MASE Engineering and the new exhaust system. Car is significantly faster than the 488 Pistas and F8s, and sounds way better as well. Thank you to Mase Engineering and Fabspeed!