456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread | Page 17 | FerrariChat

456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cribbj, Jan 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    PAGID RS 4.2.1 brake pads for 456M GTA. Best substitutes, best price/source. Thanks.

F456M likes this.
  2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Is that
    front or rear or both?

3. hogbreth

hogbreth Karting

Oct 23, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    John Bennett
    I have a 1999 550 is there a cross reference for the A/C compressor

4. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    Thank you John!
    I ordered the AIrcraft Spruce Ducting units.

5. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    Buy generic brake bleeder screw covers and fit them on. Should work

6. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    Are these numbers valid for the 1995 456 GT as well?

7. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    lol. Thanks for the info !

8. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    WTF???? LMAO....Mods, please don't ban me...I am just dying from disbelief at the absolute absurdity of this considering they could have simply outsourced this modded to specs from the OEM.

9. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    Likewise, my 456 GT was a daily until she became a garage queen. With your help and the members of this forum, I intend to resurrect her and restore her to her former glory.

F456M and Fennicus like this.
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The Ferraris I have had are 456M and now 550 for the last eight years. I would say they are the most reliable and solid cars I have had. And they can be used daily without a question. Just feed them once in a while, and they will be ultra dependable dailies!

forgottenkeys and MKnightMD like this.
  11. FerrariofAlberta

Feb 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott McMonigle
    Visit this site:

https://www.polarbearinc.com/

I have used them in the past

treedee3d likes this.
  12. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    The Secondary Air Injection Check valves , the large valves on top of the exhaust manifolds, are not available any more.
    Ferrari asked 1000 euro before, for one. I can buy a used valve for around 200 euro.
    Yes, these are made of unobtanium it seems.

BUT:
    Of course Ferrari did not make them, they only used them.
    Pierburg made them, but stopped doing that.
    Not because the 550 (and 575?) went out of production, but because another brand switched to new models.
    Which brand?
    Volvo....
    When the new models came (first the 850 and then the V70 and later S60), they changed to a more complicated system, with an integrated valve.
    So Pierburg stopped making these rather simple big check valves for Volvo.
    I was lucky to find a new old stock Pierburg valve:
    For 25 euro, in The Netherlands of all places, where I live! (so got it a day later!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

So that is 1, and I need to replace all 4, because they are badly rusted on the outside, and seem to be leaking.
    Which may or may not be part of the high LTFT I have on one side of the engine.

The stock of original Pierburgs is of course drying up, I could only find 1 on the complete internet. But there must be more at dealers, I am sure.

But when you search for Volvo 1266665 you will find them by another brand, modern aftermarket production for the now classic volvos.
    I just ordered 3 of those with a German Volvo parts seller, at 25 euro a piece.
    Total cost not 4000 euro, but 115 including shipping.

13. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am trying to understand what is required to replace the 4 front lambda sensors on my 575 (upstream of cats) I can identify a Bosch number 17001 that crosses to the Ferrari # 182837. What is confusing me is I keep finding another Ferrari number 187587 on diagrams that I can not identify with Bosch. My question is are they different sensors and I need 2 of each? If thats the case- does anyone know the Bosch number or does the Bosch 17001 an appropriate fit for all 4 front sensors?
    Much appreciated for any guidance

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Not sure what you mean by "keep finding". The parts manual seems to be saying that P/N 182837 is the sensor for the front 3 cylinders on the left and right bank... and 187587 is the sensor for the rear 3 cylinders on each side. Are the leads different lengths?

This website shows P/N 187587 as Bosch 0261231167, but that Bosch number is a knock sensor (according to Google)

https://www.allferrariparts.com/187587.html

Sometimes Ferrari is the only source of Bosch-made components, so you may have to pay Ferrari prices.

15. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    That is probably where I am getting hung up...seems illogical Ferrari would keep captive one sensor and not the other however that is the nature of the beast.:D Thanks

Qavion likes this.
  16. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Not sure who may need a Turn/Hazard Flasher Relay, but I found this part that is a replacement for our OEM part. It fits a number of models/years of BMW...and I found it online for around $40 usd

[​IMG]

Qavion likes this.
  17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Blink-giver, cute.

puckybadger likes this.
  18. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #418 Aerosurfer, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    Discovered i could source stub axle hub nut locally.

Found at Oriley's autoparts. Same thread pitch. Thicker base but same overall dimension

Doorman part 615-110
    Ferrari part 209184

Attached Files:

Ferrari55whoa and Davidspop like this.
  19. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  20. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik

I bought this at the local BMW dealer in France while I was there. It is the same with the same connector (several connectors exist, but this is a direct fit). Paid only 25 euro for it! I believe it is for several of the early 90ies BMWs like E36, E34 and E32. They run out of 12 V, and not 5V as most of the engine management do. Same for the original Ferrari valve. It is also 12V. So to make things easy, I removed the old valve at the rear under the car, fittet the vacuum hose directly to the T where one vacuum line goes to each muffler, and then installed the new "BMW" valve right next to the battery where the long hose goes to the rear from the accummulator tank. Took the wire in along the main wiring loom into the back side of the dash where all the cables go to the fuese box and wired it right onto the new EXHST switch I got laser etched from Czech Carplastix. He has the tools to laser etch instead of making a sticker and put it on (see the difference in my two pics). The size was also made correct for the 550, as 550s has a different size than 575M switches.

Works like a champ! It is great to be able to open and close manually regardless of running conditions. You have to drive like an idiot on public roads to make the flaps open in standard configuration.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. renn20

renn20 Karting

Aug 21, 2019
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    KL
    Fix your 456gt center console Lid Latch. If your lid doesn't stay close. The latch clip is likely broken. You can pull a replacement clip from a trash bin. or order it on a popular auction site.

Size is 15mm x 8mm x 7mm

22. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
  23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well I’m an idiot and I broke the retaining clip for the HVAC.

I have no idea where to even start I’m trying to get a replacement…

it looks like it says PA6-(6B 20*6F10)<

24. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Step 1 would be actually reading the label correctly.

It is a PA6 (GB 20+GF10)<

I believe it is a Delphi part.

25. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    bay, Ferrari55whoa and Qavion like this.