430 won't go into reverse when car gets hot! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 won't go into reverse when car gets hot!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Chadwick88, Jun 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    absolutely convert it - no brainer

brogenville likes this.
  2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Not entirely .. a good diag tool will give you error codes that will pertain to the potentiometers and also have requested gear vs actual gear as well as min and max gate movement figures .. using those parameters from a diag tool you can sometimes point to a bad sensor

And of course testing the pins is one of the best to narrow it down but if it only in "hot" condition it may be difficult

Just trying to avoid you replacing /repairing an actuator for no reason .. those sensors have and continue to be one of the top reasons for shifting issues when hot

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. Chadwick88

Chadwick88 Rookie

Feb 8, 2019
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Chadwick S
    I think mine is probably the same issue I just put a new clutch in mine and 30k worth of work only thing I didn’t do was actuator for you have the info on the person doing yours? I assume rebuild?

4. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Good to know! He was using an X-431 Pro by the way.

5. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    I plan on using https://www.exotic-power.com/ for the clutch replacement and, if needed, they will send out the actuator to be rebuilt. Takes two weeks for the actuator rebuild.

6. mjgreenfield63

Sep 9, 2023
    Full Name:
    Michael Greenfield
    I know this is a very old post, but do you recall whether you increased or decreased the PIS value to fix this issue. Thanks

7. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    FYI... I solved this problem entirely using my ultra cheap Foxwell NT510 Elite. After getting the car hot and doing lots of high rev shifting, I pulled the car in the garage and performed the automatic clutch adjustment on the scan tool. No more need to have the girlfriend push the car in reverse!

mjgreenfield63 and Sj_engr like this.
  8. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I had this problem and overtime it developed into no shift and slow down. Flash32 helped diagnose it to differential control valve. I’ve replaced that and it’s been great.

9. mjgreenfield63

Sep 9, 2023
    Full Name:
    Michael Greenfield
    Thanks Daryl......my wife would appreciate a fix as well. I have a Launch X431. I think I've seen that function. Will take a second look.