400i tranny cooler hose connectors | FerrariChat

400i tranny cooler hose connectors

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by high123bid, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. high123bid

high123bid Rookie

Dec 20, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Bo Andersen
    I am trying to find the two 90 degree hose connectors that attach to the 400i automatic's transmission cooler. Does anyone know here to find such or at least what the spec for those is, please? I bought a 400i in pieces with engine, tranny and leather newly redone. The fittings on the long rigid lines back to the tranny are non standard and the fittings that go on the cooler are missing from the parts stash.

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    If you really want to keep the stock component, you can get these custom made. Truck dealers will let you know who is doing the job for them. Note that there is no high pressure in these so the OEM fitting is overkill.

You'd better replace the radiator and use a bigger one with standard fittings. For what it is worth, on the original gearbox, there are some teflon/plastic(?) shims and thrust bearings that do not sustain high heat: already destroyed two gearboxes and I was on my third converter, when I decided to really beef-up the tranny and improve cooling. I've made countless modification to my gearbox, to make a long story short : best $100 you can spend in the tranny is a deeper oil pan and a new radiator.