400i Tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

400i Tires

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Kman360, Mar 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    One would think tire science and design has advanced. A local shop suggested buying 308 wheels and fitting modern tires. FullGarage has two sets of TR fronts with modern rubber. I stayed original as the savings on tires was going to be consumed in wheel cost. I will say Jay's car rode like a real modern car on those tires.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    wheels have just been made in 17". I called today and ask if they can be made to fit my 400. waiting for an answer

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    contact number please

4. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

Tyre design has moved on. But only in conjunction with car design. so more modern tyres are developed to suit the modern cars; with modern very clever power steering and the vast amounts of caster that modern cars have to overcome the handling issues that modern tyres create. However period tyres suit cars of that period.

The 215/70VR15 Michelin XWX tyres i currently have on the shelf have the date code 1415; meaning 14th week of 2015, which is very good for unusual size, small batch, high quality tyres like this.

I suppose something else to consider is that when we ship internationally, often the tyres we send don't get picked up for duty, It's just a lottery. my advise is order them and keep your fingers crossed.

Dougal

5. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    I settled on a set of Vredstein Classics, purchased from Camskill here in the UK. At GBP 151 each including delivery and tax, the total for all 4 was less than half the price of the Michelins. They look great, with a nice period tread pattern. And I've had modern Vredstein tyres on my Porsche Turbo recently and found those to be excellent, so hopefully it'll prove to be a wise decision.

6. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I would suggest that the Vredestein doesn't look right and yes a Vredestein is cheaper than a Michelin XWX in the same way a Ford is cheaper than a Ferrari