400 in Daft Punk's Electroma | FerrariChat

400 in Daft Punk's Electroma

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Tomax, Nov 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomax

Tomax Karting

Apr 27, 2004
    Heya,

There's some really nice shots of a black de-badged 400 in Electroma. These shots were really damn sexy and re-kindled a want I have to own one of these.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/05/daft_punks_electroma_stills.html

I really love their shape, as off-kilter as this might sound, the 400 to me is the daily driver Testarossa. Everything about this car is similar to a normal saloon, but everything about it low, agressive, with a better stance than the BMWs it might be mistaken for. Electroma really brought this out.

There's one for sale around the corner from work and I make it a 'once-a-week' walk to go say hello through the window.

Hope some of the 365/400 owners here get to see some of the footage - this would be the best reassurance I've ever seen on film that this car is a front engine 12 in desperate need of some nice stretches of highway and two people up for the ride.

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    My brother and I picked up my 400i in Houston, Texas, and drove it back to Connecticut in 2 days with no problems - the car is fabulous for long trips! You need to take that 400 for a drive - you'll be hooked I can assure you.

Can't wait to see the full Electroma.

Aidan

3. Tomax

Tomax Karting

Apr 27, 2004
    Well... be open minded and make sure you're a big Daft Punk fan. I have to say I wasn't in a rush to go hunt down the DVD after coming out of it.

I think the only thing in the way of a test-drive is the mental strength to not write a cheque until after I own a house. ...I love them.

4. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I'm not a huge fan of Daft Punk, I'm afraid, but I am open-minded. How much does the 400 feature in the film?

5. Tomax

Tomax Karting

Apr 27, 2004
    ...about 10-15 minutes. It's the first few scenes as the Daft Punk robots drive along an American highway in the desert. The shots are cruize shots, not racing shots - so it really brings out the GT touring sit back and go feel.

Try googling 'Electroma' and you can get some pics from it of the 400. Some of the shots are georgeous. It's like real life OutRun2 or some extended scenes without dialogue from CannonballRun/Gumball Rally.

If you can see it cheap, go for the first 10-15 minutes, and then - it's up to you if you stick around. I would go watch it again for the 400, but I would probably not stay around for the rest.

6. tarzancoe

tarzancoe Karting

Oct 2, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    JM
    Well, I tried, googled it but cant find any pictures other than the one of the car from above. I have found out the same scene in the electroma trailer: search ELECTROMA in youtube and there it is.

7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Me too, nothing other than that pointed out by Tomax.