3RD Annual Mason Dixon Rally Announcement | Page 6 | FerrariChat

3RD Annual Mason Dixon Rally Announcement

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, May 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Immaculate D

Immaculate D Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Jason Conklin
    I know it's late in the game, however me and the Mrs. (Amy) will bring:

macaroni salad

just so there is not a lot of the same dishes being brought.

2. DyeLooper

DyeLooper Rookie

Oct 6, 2007
    Perryville, MD
    All Right, I found it.

Just as a final reminder Bring a dish to share with utensils to serve. A-M non dessert dish N-Z desert dish
    meeting location Saturday at 9AM Iron skillet truckstop last Maryland exit of I-95 heading north before Delaware tollbooth or First Maryland exit heading south just through the Delaware tollbooth in to Maryland. Truckstop is on the North bound side of I-95
    I am providing..Burgers,Chicken,chips,pretzels,sodas,sa lt,pepper,mustard,ketchup,Mayo.relish,plates,bowls ,cups,Plasticware,table and chairs
    If what you need isnt on this list it isnt going to be available so please bring it.
    Bathrooms and shelter,refrigerator and microwave are available as well

3. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Bringing apple pie.

Hope it's not rained out...

4. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Rain date still Sunday?

5. Ducati998S

Ducati998S Karting

Aug 19, 2005
    Lutherville, MD
    He said earlier that it's on for tomorrow (Saturday). That was the call based on the forecast.

I'll do my best to get out of bed and get there (why do these things have to start so early?)
    Either way, I'm bringing my already dirty FWD rain car. I can't fit a bag of pretzels in the Lotus anyway.

6. CCns23

CCns23 Karting

May 21, 2005
    Limerick, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey Jon,

Sorry for the uber late reply, but we'll be unable to make it tomorrow morning. Everyone be safe, take lots of pics and above all HAVE FUN!!!!!

7. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
    #132 JohnnyDents, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    I'll have a couple of extra shirts tomorrow. (3)xxl's, (2) larges, (2)xl's

just to double check the meeting place is...

Iron Skillet Restaurant‎
    221 Belle Hill Rd, Elkton, MD

...right?

I really don't feel like getting lost and ending up in sandy cove again this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #133 rcraig, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    OK The weather will be great. BTW the reason we tend to start things a bit earlier is in my opinion the driving experience can be great or suck depending solely on the traffic and the traffic will always be lighter the earlier you go out. I think that everyone that makes the effort to be there will be pleasantly surprised by the run . Anxious to see everyone tomorrow. Stay safe . Bob

Also, anyone that has any trouble getting there please feel free to call. 302-463-3354.

9. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    boss and i just got home. 2 hour drive to the starting place, probably not going to make it. Have fun and take lots of pics.

10. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Just as a final reminder Bring a dish to share with utensils to serve. A-M non dessert dish N-Z desert dish
    meeting location Saturday at 9AM Iron skillet truckstop last Maryland exit of I-95 heading north before Delaware tollbooth or First Maryland exit heading south just through the Delaware tollbooth in to Maryland. Truckstop is on the North bound side of I-95
    I am providing..Burgers,Chicken,chips,pretzels,sodas,sa lt,pepper,mustard,ketchup,Mayo.relish,plates,bowls ,cups,Plasticware,table and chairs
    If what you need isnt on this list it isnt going to be available so please bring it.
    Bathrooms and shelter,refrigerator and microwave are available as well.

Iron skillet truckstop maryland
    MD, Elkton
    I-95, Exit 109A at Hwy 279
    221 Belle Hill Road
    Elkton, MD 21921

11. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Steve, Arent you the early riser!!! See you all soon. Jon

12. Immaculate D

Immaculate D Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Jason Conklin
    leaving in 15 min. Looking forward to a fun time.

13. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    On my way.

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

schedule change results in my inability to attend.

that plus my navigator is MIA.

Dave

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Sorry I was unable to make it. something came up last minute. I hope everyone had a blast and all was safe.

Jim

16. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #141 MPalilonis, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
    The saga continues with my cursed 328....Bambi cracked my bumper and now this....

So I drive all the way down to the Mason Dixon Rally in MD and as I pull off the highway and onto the off ramp I notice that my steering is acting a bit funny...ummm not sure what it could be. As I pull into the truck stop where everyone is and turn left into the parking spot my steering is defiantly not right cause I could barely turn the wheel. Soon as I got out of the car to my disbelief the right front rim is just about on the ground....crap I got a flat!!!

So in the back of my mind I'm like thank god I'm at a truck stop, they can fix it.....5 mins later wouldn't you know "Sorry Sir we can't change passenger car tires only trucks"....SOL once again. Can things get worse?!?!?. Indeed they did.

After traveling 10 miles down the road I came upon a Goodyear Tire shop on Rt40 somewhere in Maryland. So I pulled in to see if they could help me. Once inside I ask the counter man if he could help me out since I was from out of town and in a hurry to get back to the Rally. He asked what kind of car and I told him a 328 Ferrari...his eye's lit up. He came out to see the car and inspected the situation, we determined the valve stem was bad and needed to be changed. With that he went to his boss to get a price on the job. Guy comes back and says it'll take 2 hrs and it'll be $50 since its an exotic....$8 for the stem and $42 for labor. I said "WHAT..YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME". "Yes sir $50 since its an exotic and all". "You know what...tell you boss to shove it up his a** and f*** off ." (the 5 people that were waiting for their cars to be completed all stopped talking for a sec while this was going on then they all started laughing and couldn't believe the shop was trying to screw me because I had a Ferrari and not a Ford or something.)

With that I left and took the car down the road to a Parts Plus. Told the man behind the counter what I was driving and my issue...so he said "take it around back and we'll help you out right now". So they fixed the tire and I slip the tech $25 bucks and took off (it was his first time working on a Ferrari for him (he was over joyed). He said to me "this is better then last nights sex with the wife...haha".

So sorry I didn't attend the Rally hopefully I can make it to next years with a little less problems.

Mike (with the cursed 328)

17. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #142 rcraig, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Had a great time. I look forward to seeing all the videos/photos that Bob and Josh took.

19. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #144 rcraig, Aug 30, 2008
  20. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Love the contrast on the forst pic and th second just say's it all. I agree great day, great people and what a blast. Thanks to you, Jon, John and your teams for making it a great day. Can't wait to see Josh's handy work

21. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Bob, nice pic -- can't wait to see more.

Thanks to Jon, Bob, and all the others who worked so hard to make today's event happen. It was a ton of fun, and it was great to finally meet some more FChatters in person.

- Eric

22. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Heh guys you did a bloody fantastic job - the route was a blast but I do think the odometer used needs to be recalibrated !! looking forward to pics and vid's

23. DyeLooper

DyeLooper Rookie

Oct 6, 2007
    Perryville, MD
    #148 DyeLooper, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  24. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
    #149 JohnnyDents, Aug 30, 2008
  25. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    And thanks to Johnny for sponsoring the event. Sorry, can't believe I forgot to include you in my earlier post...

- Eric