3D printing Parts | FerrariChat

3D printing Parts

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Clnilsen, Sep 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clnilsen

Clnilsen Karting

Jan 14, 2012
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Chuck Nilsen
    Tangent question to Mondial maintenance - has anyone used a 3D printer to make replacement parts? If so, what printer did you use and how did it work out? Can you make metal parts? How durable are the replacement parts if you make them out of plastics? I see a some files online for making replacement parts, but I don’t know anything about 3D printing and curious about people’s thoughts.

Thanks!

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I'm not using 3D printing because of the quality and the finish. I do remanufacture things with the plastic injection process, much stronger quality and a smooth surface.

3. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I also manage to remanufacture some interior parts for 328. All 3D print parts I saw was too poor quality. I used molding with a much better result, really like OEM

4. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    If you can make the license plate light plastic housing let me know!

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I have 34 years in Machining and Rapid Prototyping. 3D printing is just another tool. The key is to understand when to use it and when not to. It’s certainly not an all inclusive answer to traditional processes and techniques.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

afterburner, 2cam and Jaguar36 like this.