365 motor assy complete with transmission | Page 10 | FerrariChat

365 motor assy complete with transmission

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Sep 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    Yes,please Google NJB..then one can see the dozens of positive reviews about us ( many on fchat) versus one review from someone that complains about every shop they have ever been to..enough said,kinda busy for all this..we stand by our 17 year reputation Jack njbautomotive.com

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Mitch, you're not helping your cause. The best way would be to just stick to the facts about your findings with your engine and not take shots in every direction. Pics would be even better.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I have now vented my feelings. I am down to needing a cam. Only one person seems to have a spare. And they will not respond. What is is what is. I have enough projects going forward now to keep me happy. My goal of 17 finished by year end looks very achievable. You have not posted about your car. All good ?

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Love my car, no issues just been enjoying it almost every day.

You can have your cam repaired as mentioned before. Your engine guy's insistence on only using an un-repaired cam has no merit and its holding up your project. Your original cam failed whats to say another used one wont? Just repair it, its done on the daily basis which is why there are businesses out there offering that service.

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I know. You are correct. He will give in soon. I can tell

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Spoke to Mark Jones(enzotech) by phone. E mails are not working�� If I can now get his next email with bank info I will have a deal.

7. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Hi Mitch, couldn't he give you the bank details while you were on the phone ? Alternatively get him to join Fchat and he can send you a PM.

Like everyone on here I want you to get your car sorted and back on the road ASAP.

The waiting is driving me nuts so can you bloody well hurry up please !!! 😉

8. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I gotta tell you Mitch,I've been away for 6 days and I see a fair bit of vitriol against Marc.
    I'm not happy and will direct him to having a look at your responses here.
    We had a weekend on the 24/25th,he was probably having some time off with his lovely family.
    I will forward his bank details by PM.

For those who want to know,I was the bloke who put Mitch in contact with Marc,with the information.."don't be in too much of a hurry",he is very busy,you responded that you wanted the cam.
    As I said to you,the cam is in England,Marc,once he knew you wanted it...and before you contacted him,had it ordered and shipped to him....so he could check it personally...so you didn't have to go through the hassles that you have been.
    I personally would call THAT pretty good service..I dunno what you would call it.

Perhaps one Fchatter tying to help another and getting Sh#tcanned in the process.

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    In no way do I intend to cause a problem. When I did not hear back I could not understand. I called at least ten times. No answering machine and no answer. Emails went unanswered for a week or more. So I posted my thoughts. I do remember your post about patients. And am try sorry I have offended. I really do not know what else to say here. I love this honest open forum. Thank you for sending his bank info and helping me with my car

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    camshaft. will go to Webb Cam by air today. so an unexpected delay. maybe 30 days. what is is

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    another bill. $4,600. valves, $57 ea. Ferrari dealer, $115 for intakes and $175 ea. for exhaust. balance, labor. now the wait is on to get the cam back from Web Cam

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Any word on your spare engine?

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    reality. my plan. see what this fix will cost. then call the legal firm I have contacted in Toronto and discuss my real options.

14. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Mitch, just sent you a PM re camshafts I found on ebay. Prob not correct but thought it was worth sending the link

15. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I sent the seller a note asking if they were the early or late cams. my guess, no clue. but I will never know unless I try.

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I did not expect them that quick. $1,000 for both. relief. now I will see if the car makes it this year.

17. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Can webcams do a p6-type grind or some sort of performance spec?

18. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    yes any grind you want.

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    This time two more issues. Lower timing chain tensioner was broken. He super glued it back. New ones readily available. Two weeks and $500. Second when the shop tightened the front comet nuts the studs started pulling the threads. Instead of inserts he cheaper the job and use lock rite. So now the car will be delayed another period. Never ends

20. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Normally, I'd respond with "Are you kidding?!?!?".

:( :(

21. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Shop owner has been sick. 79 and tired. His vacation was rained out. So he worked two days. Motor is now ready to set in. I told him to dyno it first. He has that In house ability and agreed. So if he feels better I will hear back in a few weeks. The shop is booked for the year. Good news. Even a little.

22. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    That's great you're putting it on a dyno. Curious to hear how optimistic Ferrari was with their rating!

23. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Shop owner is in for a gall blatter removal so the two sons just set my project off. Damn. If dad come out ok it will be June or later. Or I will have to pull the stuff out. Very big downer

24. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Mitch, with all the grief and problems you have I have two possible optional paths for you:-

Path #1) Realise that some greater power is sending you a message here that maybe, just maybe you're not meant to have this car.

OR

Path #2) Stick everything in a container and ship it to England. Stick a big label marked "SQUIDMARK" on the side. The car will get done properly and with no fuss and you'll be a happy man.

My friend, life's too short for all the stress you get put through.

25. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Mitchell, I don't know you but except if Russell is right and it is a sign from "above" (what I can't believe, cause HE must want you to drive it as we do!) we can say you will f..... deserve your first drive!

So, I put from now a bottle of champain in my fridge and will be ready to celebrate it as soon as you see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Finger crossed, waiting for the happy end!