365 GTC/4 Jump in value. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

365 GTC/4 Jump in value.

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by geffen365gtc/4, Sep 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thank you. I did hear from many people that the 365GT 2+2 is a good cruising car and much more civilized than the earlier 2+2s.

2. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
  3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  4. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Don't want to sound sarcastic, but in your mind what drives better means?

I can say my pre war Alfa Romeo drives better than my comp Daytona, ,,, but not exactly in the same circumstances and at the same speed.

Of course some cars have flaws, original E type and original 275 GTB brakes are weak and prone to failure. Or the soft top of a Giulietta usually leaks under heavy rain. Or the rear view in a 250LM for reverse parking is not good..or the turning circle of a Bentley Continental T is unbearable if you need to make a U turn, while the one of a Bristol 405 is brilliant .

But apart from flaws, each car has its own shape and technology, usually representative of an era ( except for the Bentley, representative of a forgone era,,) so if you compare them you have to keep that in mind ( and also the purpose of the car, a SWB which is both a race and street car cannot be compared to a TDF and a 250MM which are in essence race cars).

All this to say all the sixties Ferrari are interesting cars to drive, usually in advance to the average car of their time, and you can feel it specially if they are correctly prepared ( which few cars are).

The ultimate choice at the end, specially for road cars that are still affordable, is not what is the resale value, nor the notion of better car, but the one you like when you see it, and fell better in when you sit inside ( my GTC/4 driver seat was somehow leaning forward while I prefer the front a little bit higher than the back of the seat,,but I am sure I could have fixed it,,rather than selling it).
    Lesson of all this, if you like both and hesitate, take both..
    PS: to ensure consistency in feedback I only talked about cars I have owned and drove over the years.

5. jippiejake

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Very well said....

6. jippiejake

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Hey Tom..I just did a 400 mile mini rally in my 365 GT 2+2 and was singing all the way down the highway cruising around 85 to 90 mph...
    Had the updated hidden radio on low enough to hear the engine and my favorite Beatles songs, the AC was on "10" kicking-ass on this 100 degree day also..
    The only thing I could complain about was the gas milage was around 11mpg..And I was somewhat worried about my 10 year old tires popping on the hot highway roads..

7. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Hi Mike, that sounds sweet. I nearly bought a 365 GT2+2 earlier this year because it was RHD for Hong Kong. While I was doing the PPI the seller sold the car which I thought was extremely rude given I paid several hundred Euros for the inspection. I hope I can find another RHD 365 before the prices run away. I was at a Classic Car Club of Hong Kong event last night and I met a gentleman who has a 365 GT2+2 and insists that no gentleman should be driving in 90 degree heat and 90 humidity (the weather in HK for about 75% of the time) without A/C. I would tend to agree.

8. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    I have a RHD 365 2+2 if you're interested?

9. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
  10. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

When the C/4 crosses over the Daytona price inflection point?
    We all know it is a "better" car, just see above....

Jack

11. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And "engine number 15307" since the motors are not number matched to the chassis.

12. jippiejake

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Just saw a nice driver for sale being tuned-up at a local shop here for $285K..

13. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    doesn't "driver" translate to "original car with patina" ....??? more value !! (lol)

Better follow 'ol Dave on this one,

Jack

14. jippiejake

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Pretty clean but the paint is in need of a little help.
    All the local car hustlers are hovering..
    Famous advertising guy's family is selling it.

15. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

16. jippiejake

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name: