365 Gt4 2+2 Bare Front cabin. | FerrariChat

365 Gt4 2+2 Bare Front cabin.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,
    I have recently seen a few threads where various posters were asking for info, etc on the removal of various front cabin installed items. Just to let everyone know... I still have my full front interior and dash all apart and so if anyone needs any pics I can certainly help. Although my car is a 365 I suspect a good portion of the front cabin setup to be the same on the 400 series... With that said if someone needs a pic send me a message or email.

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tojo, Il Tifoso and Jasonberkeley like this.
  2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Even with the dash out its probably a drag to remove the complete box.

3. Dazanz

Dazanz Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    New Zealand (Queenstown)
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Thanks Sam. Must appreciated. These photos helped me find where the resister should attach to the evaporater.

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Sam, it's the same.......thankfully.

Yep - The diffuser on top (funnel-shape on top of the airbox) is steel, and part of the chassis.
    The airbox itself sits in a trough in the top of the transmission tunnel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ignore the boxed section riveted into the firewall (which itself is fiberglass!!), which is normally flat, but Tim has cut & formed a recess into the engine compartment to fit the reshaped airbox with larger fans/evaporator. My point is that the airbox assembly doesn't have much wiggle room, and is wedged between the tunnel and that diffuser (very top of pic).

5. Dazanz

Dazanz Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    New Zealand (Queenstown)
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Hi will I saw that you posted with a few photos of this but it never appeared on forum. Could you reload please.
    Does the Spaal fan fit with out modifying the evaporater metal box and which fan did you use as there are several they offer
    Thank you
    https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/productlist/0188/products/centrifugal-blowers/double-wheel/blowers+double+wheel.aspx

6. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Sorry about that - The new(ish) format really sucks for adding pics from a hard drive, and they ended-up mismatched to the relevant captions, and an odd repeat. I'll try again later.

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im on the old f-chat. Blue screen, same old site and easy to load pics.

Ak Jim likes this.
  8. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    So am I - It's just not as straightforward as the "pre-improved" version. I admittedly don't do it enough to get adept at it.
    I'll rework the other post.