365 GT4 2+2(1973) dashboard removal/replacement pics/instructions | FerrariChat

365 GT4 2+2(1973) dashboard removal/replacement pics/instructions

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by D365, Feb 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D365

D365 Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Dennis Dordevic
    Hi all
    Does anyone have pictures and/or instructions of dashboard removal and replacement for a 1973 365GT4 2+2? I have a car that was involved in a fire and some point will need a replacement RHD dashboard, so I'm doing my homework. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Dennis,

I can supply as many pictures as you like, as I removed the entire interior from my 365 including the dash. There are far too many pics to upload and so let me know what you want and need.

Removing the Dashboard is pretty straightforward for the most part. As I recall (it was several years ago when I removed it) there are only a few mounting studs that require the removal of their respective fastener/nuts. The driver's side had to have the instruments removed to gain access to this side's fastener. The nasty one is in the middle and can only be accessed from within the engine bay. There is a rubber plug that needs to be removed and when this is done the fastener can be accessed. I will review my pics to help jog my memory as well as upload some pics that might be helpful.

Cheers,

Sam

3. D365

D365 Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Dennis Dordevic
    Good day Sam:)
    My late Father's car was is involved in a fire so it's original dashboard was destroyed, and I'll either need to source one from somewhere when I'm ready or some (supposed) Ferrari experts have said that I could have one made up . Either way, I'm nor a panel beater nor mechanic though mechanically minded as I sometimes helped my Dad so I have the task of putting it back together and to be honest I'm trying not to allow people to have me over a barrel - though I know it's inevitable. For a start would you mind emailing me a few pics of what I'm told is called the evaporator unit under the dash so I can see what it looks like when it is not fire damaged? My email is: [email protected].
    Much apprecitaed!!!!
    Cheers

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    #4 raemin, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    The ferrari 365, 400 carb and 400i gen1 do share the same dashboard layout. 400i gen2 and 412 do have a totally different dashboard.

The major difference between the 365 and the later cars is the covering of the dashboard (mouse-hair on the 365, leather on the other cars), sourcing parts from a less rare 400 will be easier and cheaper.

Picture of the evaporator : https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/412-dash-removal.188183/page-2#post-146781160.

You can just have a look at the disassembly instructions posted earlier this week: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/removal-of-center-console-for-365gt-2-2.636979/

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Dennis,

I just e-mailed you some pics, but thought I would include them here in case others are in need. The pics are prior to recovering, although the underside pics are actually the recovered pieces.

The dashboard does have an top-side apron that sits adjacent to where the dash and windscreen meet. The pics include the underside mounting brackets which will provide some insight as to how these items are affixed. I also included a top side pic of where the middle fastener is located and which needs to be accessed from the engine bay.

As mentioned, my interior is still not installed and so if you or anyone needs any detailed pics of a naked 365 interior, just post up and I am happy to help.

Lastly, the 365 dash is usually covered with mousehair as Raemin indicated. The best and most accurate reproduction is made by HVL in the Netherlands. I seem to recall it cost about 160 Euro per metre and in total I think you need about 4.5 metres.

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login