365 GT/4 17393 on ebay | FerrariChat

365 GT/4 17393 on ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by ArtS, Aug 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
  2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I find this car to be very attractive. I feel that it is a very good color for the model. I like the all white lenses on the front and the easy to live with side marker lights. Too bad the rear bumper is bumped and the front edge of the under hood pad doesn't look good/right.

I believe the correct mileage is in miles and not kilometers. And I believe that we will see this one again possibly with a lower reserve.

Still, I for one believe that these are great value. $33K for a front engined V-12 Ferrari 5 spd. that may be starting to find it's way out of the wilderness and be discovered?

Perhaps.

3. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #3 brettski, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i love it. not only did i just buy an almost identical recently Canadian car (from P.Sweeney) i almost bought another brown example in '2001.
    3 different brown 365 gt4 2+2's in the greater Toronto area...

the most beautiful front mounted, gran turismo Ferrari motor, IMO. nothing is more impressive than 'popping' the lid to reveal the heart of this beast.
    i will be viewing this one during a required trip to the city this week and i'll be watching the auction with interest. i ****in' love this series of cars.

this would be a steal at the opening price and well bought at double the price if it was all buttoned up and had no rust. they are amazing.
    i would however, prefer the correct steering wheel as it is in keeping with the 'gran turismo' spirit of the model. was the Daytona wheel an option ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Not that I'm aware of.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Howdy, does any body have any info or history on this car? Thanks.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    In 1973 that style of steering wheel was available on the Daytona, 365 GT4 2+2, and the Dino 246 GT. My 1972 Dino 246 GT had the same exact wheel.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    the seller, who is a well known 'player' in the game up here, told me it has been owned by the same, Toronto area guy for 30 years.
    he claims that his shop has serviced the car and it has gotten "whatever it needed over the years". i always love that brilliant/useless non-answer in response to a service history question. he does however, say that there is a long paper trail with the car regarding service.
    he wants $40k Canadian, and with the conversion starting to look attractive again to you guys down there, it could be a steal.
    let me know if anyone wants a PPI done.

brett, www.granturismo.ca

8. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    I also like the color on this car, what is the real name of this color?

I noticed it has been relisted on eBay starting at $35k now??? Didn't sell starting at $33k. Don't know what to make of that, any ideas?

Thanks,
    William

9. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    William,

The color is morrone metalazo (chestnut brown metalic). The 'off' colors look much better on 2+2s, especially this series than the usual colors.

Regards,

Art S.

10. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Art,
    Is it morrone or marrone? Alex & I have marrone which isn't as dark as the '73 shown here.
    Bruce

11. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks Art! Yes, I like the "different" colors on these models too. This one is tempting, but it is probably an itch I shouldn't scratch right now.

12. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    It is marrone.

Aidan

13. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    for me it is precisely the combination of fantastic performance and real world practicality that makes me love these cars so much.
    they are the antithesis of gimmicky, highstrung, tempermental sportscars. they just get the job done...whatever the job happens to be.
    i PPI'd this car earlier in the week. a few issues, but a solid foundation to start with. you could give it what it needs and NOT be upside down within 48 months, IMO. shows pretty nice all 'round and would make a really, really good 'driver' for a DIY'er who always wanted a 5-speed V-12.

i, for one, expect these cars to be trading regularly between $50-70K within 36 months. whoever gets this one will just be 'ahead of the curve'.

14. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    anybody know if this car has ever been imported & certified for U.S. usage?

Or, what are the requirements for DOT & EPA on a car this old?? Thought EPA goes out
    at 25 yrs, but dunno about DOT.

Nice looking car, though.

15. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Can someone transfer the content of the ad so that we have it captured for future reference?

Thanks,

Art S.

16. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    been for sale for a loooooooong time now

17. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    #18 Mlody, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    Sure;)

Here are the pictures - http://img686.imageshack.us/g/75650003.jpg/
    I will keep them on my HDD, just in case they disappear from the imageshack.

18. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Both EPA and DOT rules no longer apply when a car is 25 years old (for importation). Local testing does still apply.

19. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I like this car. Nice example, however some knowledgeable Fcar owners down here in TX told/recommended me to stay away from carbs, and try to stick with FI.....what do you guys think? Thanks.

20. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I've owned my 365 since 1997. So long as you don't futz around with them, they're just as reliable as FI. I'm still running points on mine with no issues. Trick is to find someone that actually understands the original system.

21. tommott77

tommott77 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #22 tommott77, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    You will find just as many, if not more, "knowledgeable" F car owners that will tell you that without the roar of a plethora of Weber carbs sitting on top/beside of the motor that what you are driving is not a true Ferrari.

22. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    There are those that maintain that the motor which is found in this car is THE best sounding Ferrari motor ever.

They are usually talking about a 365GTC4 at the time, but this car has the same motor. So, a bit of a sleeper there.

Having sold my Daytona I'm in the market for one of these. The best thing about the Daytona was the glorious sound. That makes these somewhat of a bargain.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone. :)

23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I bought mine before the secret was out...

24. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Do you guys think I should buy this one....I have the $$ for it...but I won't do it if you tell me to wait....What U think???
    Also, my heart is set on a 365GTC4..due to its body...but it is priced at least twice what the 400 series are.......so...??