365 gct4 on ebay | FerrariChat

365 gct4 on ebay

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by matteouno, Nov 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matteouno

matteouno Rookie

Feb 26, 2005
    studio city ca
    Full Name:
    matt b
    How rare is it to find a gtc4 with plaid and leather seats rather than full leather? Looks like a nice car.

2. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    Hi Matt,
    Based on your post a few weeks ago (describing your 365 gtc4, blue with plaid seats 41k miles), I assumed it was your car and you decided to try ebay instead of an auction. Aren't you the owner? If you are, please provide some details on the history and condition. You say it looks like a nice car, but as it appears you own the car, more information would be appreciated.

3. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    There was a blue C4 with plaid blue/black interior on Ebay about 6 months ago. I do not know the serial #. It took about 4 or 5 listings before it sold. It was located in Florida. Is this car now listed on Ebay the same one?
    John

4. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    Yes, the car back in June appears to be the same car. It sold then for around $72k, I believe. Seems like a decent car, but apparently nobody can get that side molding off, as it appears to still be on the car. You've got to wonder about the car; why would someone buy it and then sell in a few months? I think the first comment on this thread is from the current owner so hopefully he will fill us in on the situation.

5. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Cloth inserts versus all leather was an option. A number of Euro cars have the inserts, very few US cars (I am only aware of one).

6. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    I've seen a few US cars and many Euro carsw with the plaid treatment, but I think it is not very attractive, and many cars that originally had it have been reupholstered using leather throughout. I guess it could be construed as a plus from the standpoint of originality, but it is not particularly rare or desirable, in my opinion. I've seen a car the same color as the one on Ebay (apparently owned by the starter of this thread), but it had a black leather interior, and I thought it looked significantly better.

7. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    #7 FerrariStuff.com, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017