365 2+2 recent price record belongs to me !! #13809 | FerrariChat

365 2+2 recent price record belongs to me !! #13809

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by chevalcabre, Aug 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    steve maman has done it for all the 365 gt 2+2 owners !!!! say thanks my dear friends ....!!!!!!!!

13809... my 365 gt 2+2 ,listed at russo and steele .com went on the block friday evening... did 136 000$ usd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92000 was the record..... sold in 2005...at russoandsteele....

this is incredible....i was not there to represent it but i got a call today...

crazy ! or reality.... they are on the rise finally....

for the people in the 330 section that diss our 365's .... bye bye .... gtc are the only one's we will give respect to... 2+2 330's....

i thought i was going to around 100k ... 136 k ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing..i am so happy for the older cars to get the respect they are owed...

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Is that the red car that was displayed on the upper level of the parking garage?

3. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i am not sure as i was not there/... there was only one red 365 and it was mine...

did you see it ? how did it look ?

4. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma

Do you have any pictures of when you owned it!

5. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    yes.. the ones that are on the russo and steele.com

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is impressive. How would you describe the car's condition?

7. TLKIZER660

TLKIZER660 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004
    Québec
    Steve, you've done us Queen owners a great service by raising the bar. Finally, maybe the value of these cars will begin to approach the cost of making them correct. Thanks again.
    Tom Kizer

8. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    it was a very nice car..spent lots to perfect it..

9. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #9 cbreed, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats on your sale, and I would say this is an across the board benefit for all 2+2 V12 owners.

"330 section?"....and who's dissing 365 2+2's?

11. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    THAT WAS A JOKE !

even though there is some thruth in what i say !

12. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I beg to differ, these price run ups are a bad thing, we saw a 275 GTB 4 cam sell for 900,000 wo the premium, a TRC for 2.1 Million and on and on. Do we really believe those cars will ever be driven by their new owners? Most of these cars are damned to be some very wealth guy's garage jewelry, soon to be joined by others. What a fate for a great car: in the hands of someone who just wants some red Italian thing to show off to the neighbors. We have seen this movie once before in the late 80s, it gets worse with each reel until the ending which is very bad, very fast. Michael Bayer

13. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My 330 doesn't figure into my financial plans...I'm keeping it. It is nice to think that if I do have to bail out for some reason I can at least break even.

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    congrats, Steve, on the price! I'd better call my insurer before my sunday morning drive!

do you know what part of the country your car is going to?

15. AndrewWA

AndrewWA Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2005
    Sunbury, London
    Full Name:
    Andrew Stevens
    Good point by Michael there...don't forget to use and enjoy the cars! That's by far the best bit of the ownership experience. Any pocketbook gain is just an added bonus. What's the value of a smile and a warm glow after a great drive on a sunday morning??

16. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    I said the same thing to a friend after the TRC sold. That is a car that should be raced all over the world and I hope the new owner will do so, it would certainly seem that he can afford to. When the 365 prices went crazy at the Russo auction in 04, I figured it was due to 2004 being the "Ferrari" year at Monterey and a little red mist was to blame. But then history repeated itself at the Russo 2005 auction, and I figured it may be a good idea to buy a 308 to flog around so I wasn't beating up my 365 too much. So, here I am, making a conscious decision to drive my 365 less because of the value spike.

But, what can I say? Cheers Steve!!! (Does this mean I have to AGAIN change the stated value of my car to Haggerty?)