360 running rich | FerrariChat

360 running rich

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aj360, Jan 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    noticing my 360 is running rich has new maf sensors plugs haven’t checked coils but does have a strong fuel smell and Under rpm over 6000 puffs a black smoke .. any ideas lads ??

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Not necessarily rich but sounds like excess HC. Can be for many reasons. How and when did it start?

Aj360 likes this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If that was the case you should be throwing a code, have you pulled codes yet? Not really enough info to go on here.

Aj360 likes this.
  4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Has anything changed since this? -

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146973654/

Aj360 likes this.
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Why did you change the MAFs? Did you have a problem before the service? Do you still have the old MAFs?

6. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Hey mate it’s seemed to do it ever since we did a service more I just changed both phase sensors and a coolant temp sensor as well cause the idle wasn’t consistent as well ..seems to have fixed that .. did all the 02 sensors to ..it feels rough to drive So imagine your driving In 3rd you want to open it up it’s like it’s hating you underload.. could a bad exhaust leak could they throw it out ?? For more richer mixes ?

Hey man no codes yet will definitely get a scan :)

Getting slightly better just chasing down a few different things hopefully all together these things all get fixed ;) we got s new thermostat going in

Hey mate the ones that were on there I was advised are old and not very good they had had there day so we chucked in pierburg
    Again was told they were better than the Bosch oem .. :confused:

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Interesting. I wonder if they have a proven record on 360s. I would certainly be reluctant to fit a non-OEM part on such a critical part of the fuel management system.

Aj360 likes this.
  8. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Very true man I was just advised that the piersburg ones are better than the bosh can always take a step back go with the oem ..

9. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Aj, seems like you have chasing your tail. Every time you mess with something you are now adding a new variable. So let me get this straight, the car ran great until you had the major service done. Right? Iirc (from one of the prior threads you have) the mechanic did something with the timing to advance it.

I was running a marathon and I hurt my knee. So I went to the doctor. He gave me a new medication and since then I’ve have trouble breathing. I can’t even walk around the block without shortness of breath. I was referred to a pulmonologist, and I’m having a million dollar work up, and I’ve had surgery and no one can figure out why I can’t breathe.

I continue to take the med because My doc says it’s good for my knee.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Aj360 likes this.
  10. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj

Let me start to help you why I have so many questions and I am seeking answers for help .. for one the cars 20 years old and it has been a uk import into Australia .. now owning a Ferrari seeing how bad people leave these cars after they enjoy there time with them for people like me to fix up there mess amazes me and I am not alone I am sure there’s 100s more having the same drama .. so example instead of changing all the f1 lines they do 1 or 2 lol so sure enough the others leak after time a lot of these Ferrari’s here in Australia from a 430 down to early early models are not looked after .. yes there are some available that are great condition.. also with resources here for parts and your local mate to help is scarce cause no one has one there’s maybe 100 in Australia if that ... it’s also harder as well than the USA or other country’s and getting correct people to work on your car ..yes you are chasing your tail imagine how I feel mate lol I go 2 steps forward 3 back ... so I am hitting every angle I can so when I sell this car the next person does not have any problems like I have had unless it’s there error .. i bought a car that has a 30000$ paint job 20000$ retrim looks like it should be in Miami with 2 Chicano looking guys sitting in it ;) unfortunately all the money went on the looks .. I love the car it’s beautiful and different .. and yeah man the service is meant to make it better I know but for some what reason it’s better in areas but worse in others and that comes down to not properly maintaining a super car .. and my bad luck being a honest guy ending up cleaning up someone else’s mess and annoying the **** outta you blokes lol

11. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    The 360 was running good it did need belts and other bits which I did everything but for some reason it just came back not happy doing lots of strange things soon as the capristo sound 3 went on did the mounts belts mafs plugs oil filters it runs rich it’s lacking power under load it sounds like crap when driving it but great on stand still it’s all over the place ... no engine lights check ok when starting it doesn’t overheat doesn’t burn coolant oils clean ... lol bizarre

12. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    50k Australia $ =~35k USA $ on paint and trim? Who painted it Rembrandt?

I think you missed the point of my post. Sorry if it was convoluted.

Did you ever get it sorted after the major was done? If not you should start there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Aj360 likes this.
  13. rudkinjc

rudkinjc Rookie

Apr 27, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin II
    It sounds like you probably have other issues going on but this is what I did when my 360 was running rich. I was getting a engine code, sorry forgot what the code was, the shop told it meant that one of my cylinders was running rich. Turns out the problem was I started filling up at one of those discount clubs to save .50 cents per gallon on gas. Was told to stick with Shell V Power Nitro Plus 93 octane. After a full tank of the good gas everything was back to normal. Also found out a new battery can chase off some of those electrical gremlins. I know parts can be hard to find and cost $$$ but the exact same parts are used on other cars for a fraction of the price. For example Honda uses the same MAF look up the Bosch #. The F1 pump is the same pump used on a Alpha Romeo.

Aj360 likes this.
  14. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Clue #1 It just got serviced and now it is FU.

Something done in the service was done wrong or with incorrect parts. Diagnosing anything outside of items done in the service is a waste of time.

Is this the car that that moron decided to improve the cam timing on?

Start there. And quit using him for your car.

brian.s likes this.
  15. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj

Man over here we got 98-100 octane 91-95 is lowest octane .. I know my battery is going In the bin soon the other night started the 360 up sounded best it’s ever sounded .. turned it off went to go back on to move it no power dead nothing ... attached the ctek on it wasn’t even powered up and boom powers back .. I think there’s something as well with the terminals or the battery had a mind of its own” there’s so much stuff I can post but will just get out of hand lol “ basically I am chasing the all the lack of maintenance dodgy fixes blind but I will get there it’s good to know that you can use different parts like the mafs and f1 pump ;)

16. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    100% I called Ferrari today told them what’s up they were happy to check it out for me .. i will see what they come back with next week I won’t sleep until they tell me :eek:

Qavion likes this.