360 - 360 Modena Loose Side View Mirror, need help | FerrariChat

360 360 Modena Loose Side View Mirror, need help

Discussion in '360/430' started by thecaliforniashine, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecaliforniashine

Mar 21, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hey guys! I tried searching this topic but only came up with the 430 with a similar issue. The passenger side view mirror has been loose on my 360 and after doing some ppf removal it’s now even more wobbly. I tried tightening the 3 screws below but they’re already snug. I decided it would be best to ask what the next step would be before I started tinkering any further.

Here’s a video I took for reference:

Thanks in advance!

- Pat

2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I just did my 430.
    Take out the 3 screws under the mirror and move the mirror out of the way. You will see a rubber piece that is mounted to the lower arm by 3 screws going through a metal flange. Tighten those 3 screws up and put finger nail polish on the screw head and flange to lock them in place.
    Put the mirror back in place and install the 3 screws back into the bottom of the mirror.
    That will fix the loose mirror. There a guy on You Tube that does it to his 430.
    Mine was fixed in 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. thecaliforniashine

Mar 21, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Thanks for that! I’ve seen a few for the 430, none for the 360. I’m assuming they’re all the same internally then? Will post back up tomorrow after I mess with it some more.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

They are the same

5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I did have to order a rachet angled screwdriver set from Amazon to make getting the three screws under the mirror, out easier. PM me your cell number if you want and I'll send you a picture of what I bought. It made getting those screws out and back in super easy, without scratching the door.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Joseesq

Joseesq Rookie

Jun 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jose Mendoza
    Hello. I saw your post about how to tighten a side view mirror on a 360 Modena. Can you please tell me which rachet angled screwdriver you bought on Amazon? Also did you put blue tape or a towel on the door before you started using the screwdriver? Thanks.

7. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    This is the on I used. Yes I blue taped a thick dish towel to my door so I could lay the loose mirror against the door.
    Don’t overthink this. When you get it apart, it will make sense. PM me if you need to.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Joseesq

Joseesq Rookie

Jun 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jose Mendoza
    Awesome. Thank you.

9. Joseesq

Joseesq Rookie

Jun 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jose Mendoza
    Thanks to fellow member Extreme1. The problem was the screws holding the rubber mount did not bite. I went to autozone and bought a little bigger set of screws and they worked. Here is a picture and size of the screws for future reference to others.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login