360 conversion | Page 35 | FerrariChat

360 conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, May 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I would think would be the same thing want know until he is done .

2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Four months for Ferrari too find all matching red Ty CS springs !!

Hoping now have ever thing needed to finish front & rear suspension 11 months in the working.

mwstewart likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The gated scud was at steve’s. It came from naples florida and is now at eag in san antonio and then will be sent home to me in ny.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    RANDY6005 likes this.
  5. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hey MWSTEWART you have allot of knowledge about this stuff .
    How do you know so much ? I thought I new a little bit but more I learn I really do not know any thing.
    Thanks for all of your info on other threads as well !

6. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Front lower control arms old style new style

7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No problem! I've been through a similar journey but 16M rather than CS. I spent some time looking at the suspension arms to see if I could find a better quality inner joint with a longer service life; I got close but didn't take it further.

Keep up the great work.

RANDY6005 and armedferret like this.
  8. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    What is your opinion using Challenge flambloc bushing rather than standard street flamblock bushings on the street ?

9. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Too much NVH for street use. The ball joints are already a near zero deflection joint so adding another near solid joint makes the ride extremely harsh.

I use my car on some longer trips and not always on perfect road surfaces, so for me it doesn't work. The CS/Scuderia bushings are as far as I want to go.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Finally got around to resetting my password and logging back in. Lots to catch up on. Hello everyone!

Its a good question!

..Firstly it is not really a direct comparison that's easily made as both offer very different things. While there can be overlap we are focusing our attention on a lot of stuff that is normally inaccessible to tuners, i.e. things that Bosch programmers simply didn't allow them to change, which means if they work in conjunction with us it makes their tuning results significantly better. Think of this as Digital resto-modding!

All our work is scientific and engineering based, no guessing. For instance we've written special highly advanced software that automatically discovers all important maps with 100% certainty in the hundreds of different firmware variants. This dramatically reduces time required to make important changes that an end customer will feel and gives confidence your not going to do any mistakes. It can also do much more such as alter functionality and algorithms to work the way driving enthusiast would prefer their car to drive.

Changes to the way the algorithms works for instance in the application of usable torque at the wheels. Normally delays and significant aliasing is deliberately added to make a car feel more luxurious and smoothed for example, so on and off throttle isn't as good as it should be. They where trying to mimic the throttle cable that used to exist and went for smoother vs sportier implementation. That was fixed on later cars like 458 but on earlier models our changes make the car drive simply better, with a faster responding electric sharpness in comparison to standard. Does this change make more peak hp? No.. Does it make the car easier to drive and control? Absolutely. Not only that you can properly steer the car on throttle with much more precision. This is just one example of making the car drive better and feel more engaging.

Its also important to understand we are actually doing work where a customer has had their car originally tuned by someone like Mase (who's put a tune on their firmware) and then we've complemented that with many other features and enhancements that they haven't been able to offer because the customers requests are bespoke, for instance multiple selectable maps on a 360.

Actually we are currently doing some work right now on an fchat members car who has a Mase tune. This is because our expertise in Motronic software goes way beyond just calibration of factory preset base maps, we can actually alter the algorithms and offer features that are as unique as your imagination. While Bosch added a lot of flexibility into their generic Motronic ecu software, not everything could be adjusted entirely through editing data alone.

As a reference with 360 and a lot of upgrades such as Titanium valve springs , upgraded fueling and new cams we are shooting for 550hp! Don't know anyone other than Michelotto (Ferrari's official Factory tuner) that has managed to accomplish this...

11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    S-Line exhaust Xpipe VERY VERY high quality !!
    Finish installing exhaust and right front suspension.

360trev and mwstewart like this.
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  13. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Just sent mine to av to have mine tuned by trev and too the immobilizer removed

360trev and RANDY6005 like this.
  14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Randy, your 360 has got to be one of the best in existence now. Well done on a great project. Looking fab!

imahorse, brookliner7 and RANDY6005 like this.
  15. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thanks Trev fantastic complement !!

jg360 and 360trev like this.
  16. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Easy install so far, hard part putting and pulling off the rear bumper for tips adjustments .

02360spider likes this.
  17. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
  18. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Right front anti sway bar bracket holder replaced new rubber bushing and clean with AlumaBright NAPA and used Prothane Super Grease as a lubebrcuant .

19. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Factory race Challenge exhaust system, S-line xpipe 28 pounds .

brookliner7 likes this.