360/430 - need help deciding | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360/430 - need help deciding

Discussion in 'Canada' started by I.T. Guy, Feb 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yup.
    Been through 3 cars now and still looking...
    Besides autoTRADER (just 35 430s for sale in Canada) where else to look?

I joined FCA and am going to their go-karting Feb 26 to make friends and search...

Can I import? Not for cost saving, for options on "the one"? There's a few in the US that check out. ?

2. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Yes you can import them.. But make sure to read all the rules on riv.ca so your car is not stuck at the border before importing.

3. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had a local fchat user look at the US car and take fresh pics for me and it was a POS so no need to import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Values

What is 2 years and 25,000 km worth on a 430?

5. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have a 2007 F430 with Standard breaks.... These are great cars! Good luck with your search. Plenty of good cars here in the States!

6. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    $30k.

7. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

Damn spot on.
    I have two in the works.
    The newer one has carbon brakes and is local.
    The older one steel brakes and needs to transport.
    The more expensive one is looking like the better deal.
    Thank you.

8. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    When a car is on consigment, how much does the Ferrari Dealer get? A % or fixed amount?

Car is already priced fair in regards to asking price, but, I have no idea what F430's are actually selling for vs. ask. No experience in this area at all.

Anyone have firm data?

9. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    The well priced ones move, the dreamers (dealers included) sit forever.

There are 31 430 cars nation wide on autotrader, more than half are over a year stale. A few I've seen for 2+ years now.

(I'm watching for a specify option set, been monitoring cdn market 430s for ~3 years now).

My random guess is the best "deal" on the market at any given time sell at about 1 per month, within ~5% of asking price. 2/3rds of the posted cars are either cars wtih stories or unrealistically priced hoping for that one sucker.

The fact the canadian dollar dropped and rised rapidly during the last few years that these cars came into inventory doesn't help motivate sellers. For example, there are lots of extra low miles red on tan cars. Those should be in the highest demand and flip the fastest, but the sellers are asking above market value so they're collecting dust.

Two years ago 2005 cars were selling for $120-130K. Now the nice ones are priced at over $150K and not moving. 360 prices are even worse, lots of the same cars that were $75-90K are now priced well over $100K. All F1, 6 speed sellers are asking $150K? LOL ain't gonna happen, they'll be sale till the end of time.

In a year or two the 458s will slip under $200K. There is no way 458, 430 and 360 will all find buyers between $125-200K, there is just too much advancement and performance/reliability difference. Something is going to give, and I have a feeling it's going to happen quite rapidly.

10. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My in option set there is none but I'm a crazy person that wants carbon racing seats.
    Close to it there is two, that have Daytonas instead and I'll have to shell out $15k one day for racing seats if the feeling doesn't pass. If I can find them.

I called on the red/tan ones to practice.
    150k one at FOQ just sold, not sure selling price. The others are scary - I got the inspection reports and car proofs. 6 owners, loose ball joints, oil sweating under car that needs investigating, no records, etc etc.

Last time I shopped dollar was 1:1 and a 360 CS could be had from $99k to $150k, regular 360 was 60-100, scuds $170, and no premium for 6spd! LOL! I was not in a position to buy so nothing I could do about that except watch them sail on by.

3 years? What are you looking for?

11. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

In a year or two I want a 458.
    And something WILL give, as soon as I buy. It's the story of my life. So if I pick something up, get ready for the crash!

12. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Lots of people are in the same boat. I don't see too many people paying $200K for a 2009 430 when the 2011 458s are ~$245K.

Halfass looking really, I have more cars than days of the week right now LOL but one day I'll find what I'm looking for. Ready to buy, but busy with work so if it takes a few years that's fine by me I'll just be that much closer to jumping into the 458.

430 coupe, red on black interior is what I'm watching for which isn't exactly a unicorn. But for whatever weird reason, red 430s seem to be 80% tan interior which is a no-go for me. There are currently 12 red 430s on the trader only 2 have black interior. It wasn't like that for 360 or 458 cars that seem to have been much more of an even split between tan and black interiors on red cars.

A few have come and gone. There is a low miles 2009 for $199 and a higher miles car in Edmonton for $148. Both 3rd party dealers, neither are a deal enough to motivate me to go look in person. The 2009 came into Pfaff McLaren I'm assuming on trade, they only tried to sell it for a few weeks before dumping it off on a small time dealer. Again, I bet it sits for a long time it's just too close to the 458 cars in price.

13. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

Same combo I'm looking at. Must have red stitching. The Edmonton car has a gray/faded diffuser (see my diffuser thread int the 360 section). They say it's a Toronto car serviced at Toronto, owner has no records but says it was serviced at FOO until October when he performed a service there before moving. Why would you not keep records?! I'm going to FOO to run the vin at the service desk and see if they can confirm anything. One big negative, the headers are original and at 35,000kms in my mind ready to crack lol. FOO also has a very low mile un-advertised one-owner 430 but I don't want to pay garage queen premium and still have to shell out money fixing **** as I turn it into a driver, erasing the low mile premium as I drive it. Might as well kick in for a 458.

I need a red black in-between car. Driven, with records and honest history. Not a virgin, but not a hooking stripper looking to juggle her third sugar daddy. Just something fun in the middle.

14. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #39 I.T. Guy, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Car Proof from Edmonton car, I finally read through it all getting the VIN for this morning.
    US car, multiple owners, then imported to Ontario 2010, then spent a while in Quebec (shudder), then Ontario, now out west...

Sure been around. Doesn't look like the type to settle down, I'd probably get tired of her **** like everyone before. The search continues!

15. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You guys are gonna make so much fun of me. I just posted this in the 360/430 section:

16. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    It was simple for me...
    Drove a 430, 360...liked them, too visceral for me.
    Took out a 612, fantastic, then a 550 and fell in love..
    GT's are the ****! Especially a 3 pedal gated one
    Bought a 550!
    Drive a V12 GT and you will see....smooth and effortless

17. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah. I should have listened 100's of posts ago when someone first said "Did you drive one yet?".
    LOL.

18. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Which 430 did you walk from? The unlisted FOO car?

19. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #44 I.T. Guy, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes but not because car is bad - it is MINT and they are doing everything to it, tires, ball joints, headers, etc. before/for sale since the miles are so low and some stuff needs to be caught up. Price is good too, if you want a red/black f430 it is the one to get in Canada right now, IMHO if you want one snap it up before someone else does.

I walked because I never realized how old/cramped/hardcore the 360/430 is compared to what I was expecting and looking for. LOL. I should have sat in one or drove one having lusted for a v8 for 14 years but I never did. I just assumed I'd love it. So when I sat in it, and my wife sat in it. I stared at the dash and pressed a few buttons, put the seat down all the way and I was still hunching over to see out properly - I just couldn't see myself cruising in it. The salesman saw the look on my face right away, and, we went and checked out a California and a 599 and the rest is history. I'll still get a mid-engine one day, but not as my first and only Ferrari. Maybe as a second one down the road. So far California is winning and the salesman followed up with me today so we will see what happens. Currently they only have a white Cali and I want red as my first Ferrari.

Edit: my wife loved it. But she's 5'6
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

You were 100 right.
    I couldn't do it, just didn't fit me. Dated.

21. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    How much is FOO asking?

22. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    179 when I was looking.
    I bet it goes up when spring hits!
    :)

23. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    It would have to be an 08/09 for that kind of coin.

Wasn't that one an '06?

24. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #49 I.T. Guy, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

No it was newer 08 with low low kms.

The 06 from Edmonton is 150s and a passed-around-to-all-my-friends USA car. I have the carproof if you are interested in that one. No service records but apparently it was serviced at FOO (I never checked).

25. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    So what were you expecting??? Seriously, it is a mid-engine race car with some street accessories.