355 Value | FerrariChat

355 Value

Discussion in '348/355' started by Silentnoiz, Sep 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    I just saw a '98 355 go for $161k on BAT (Link).

What in the world drove this valuation? I'll admit I'm not up to date on the 355 market, but I thought this was way off. I love the 355, and this is a beautiful car, but didn't expect this price point. What am I missing?

Just curious.

2. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Do you mean it was only $161k?

Robb and ShineKen like this.
  3. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    There are several threads on this one. You may just scroll a bit and you'll see people discussing it at length.

4. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    161K for a challenge car for sure. Im not sure what would bring a GTS to this price, but good for the seller! We are seeing a real estate boom right now in my area, and houses are selling for crazy numbers due to lack of inventory. I have not seen many 355's for sale as of late so maybe the same principle is in play here.

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    A few things possibly at play here. Car demand buying has surged. Car inventory in general remains low.

Low interest rates. Lots of cash on the sidelines. Asset prices starting to move up.

I’ve been telling people here since late April... “go out and buy the car you want because car sales are going though the roof.” Many had doubts at the time, but car buying continues to stay strong.

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Carvana stock soared 30% today on news of record breaking Q3 results from selling used cars. They are scrambling to find cars to buy as inventory is depleting FAST.

It’s a whole new world gentlemen.

7. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    It's more than the market dynamics though. It would take a large offer for me to be able to part with my 355 because what else can replace it? There is nothing new or old that provides the same experience, if there is I'm open to suggestions because I thought a lot about this.

I've had a lot of cars, and driven a lot of others - the only thing that comes close to giving me a 355 experience is my motorcycle.

8. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Exactly! BAT also recently sold an NSX for $277.000 and an M3 for $250.000...

9. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Ah, I missed that it was a challenge. I saw that NSX, but it was the rarity that brought that price.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Not a challenge car.