355 F1 respect | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 F1 respect

Discussion in '348/355' started by Skippr1999, Apr 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Well said. In 6 years, I’ve only needed a computer one time. I needed to realign the shift lever when I was getting the flashing gear indicator light. It took 20 minutes and a few hundred dollars.

WATSON likes this.
  2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Had a deposit on an F1 spider before I bought the gated car. Bought the PDK because, WTF. Sometimes I like it, some times not. Daily driver. Convenient. Can play if I like. Gives me the option.

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    My Subaru is automatic, STI drive for hot rodding. Talk about staying on the powerband :)

4. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are all the F1 parts available if any of them needs to be replaced? I know a while back that there were posts that the TCU was unavailable or was very difficult to get and expensive, is that still true?

I think that was the only part that I was aware of that could be difficult to obtain.

It was very innovative for it’s time, and have no doubt that system can shift faster than most people.

5. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    about 120 abou 150 about 185. As my speedo reads a little high

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You guys are going to laugh but I bought mine because I was having trouble bleeding the brakes

I have bleed the brakes numerous times but on my last engine out a while back I did not plug the d/s line and I think all fluid from the abs system came out or partially came out.
    After driving for a year with poorer than what I am used to brakes I bought it.

then after wards used it to check other things like the f1
    Also wanted it for the f1 because I was going to change the accumulater and thought just in case to justify the purchase.Even though others had no problem changing the accumulator

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    No only parts I know of that are not available are the shift solenoids
    Expensive is a relative term.
    Most parts other than the actuator, and computer are all under a grand for them all
    Accumulators are usually less than 3 and computers can be fixed now for less than 2500

8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Funny stuff Grant. I think most of us have been “there”. It was a very uphill learning curve for me. Had to do many things twice....

9. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You are correct, expensive is a relative term. I thought that the TCU was unobtainable and if you could purchase one it was in the 5 figures but that info was awhile ago and am not sure how accurate it was.

That is good to know that most of the parts are available and the computers can be fixed and those prices are fairly reasonable.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  10. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Just picked up an F1 GTB this week and after a few spirited drives, I can confidently say this gearbox is an absolute blast! It does not deserve the flack that everyone gives it and it will always shift faster than I ever will.

ThatFlyGuy, taz355, PKF355 and 2 others like this.