355 door glass stop adjustment? | FerrariChat

355 door glass stop adjustment?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Feb 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Is there a way to adjust/limit the upward travel of the door glass? My drivers door glass is finishing its "up" cycle too high and catching on the convertible top. We are talking about a few millimeters. The parts diagram shows 2 stops (#8) per door, but only shows 1 stop in the photo:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Do these stops work independently, one for up and one for down? or in tandem?

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Strange. In some parts of the catalogue, the quantity refers to items per car, not per side. e.g. for the spider seats, the number of headrests is "(2)". In the case of the window stoppers, it appears that it represents items per door (see photo). However, there are even variations on the same diagram. For example, in reality there is only one spider window position microswitch (#50) per door on the car, but the list shows "(2)".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The setup suggests that the rubber stoppers are for the up position. The down position may simply be restricted by end-of-track for the carriages.

3. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    That would be good news for me. I removed the door panel, but there is no access from that side....LOL. Guessing the adjustment is done with the door scoop removed? Are there 2 of these stops to adjust?

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I count two stoppers mounted to the carriages in the photo. I assume you'd have to adjustt both to stop the window skewing at top of travel.

5. Klas

Klas Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2014
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Klas Nilsson
    I just did that myself this winter and it was very easy. Take off the lower outside of the door and you easily reach the two stops. Not reachable from inside

Carmellini likes this.
  6. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    Good to hear. Are both stops for upward travel, or is one for down?

7. Klas

Klas Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2014
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Klas Nilsson
    both are for upward.

Carmellini likes this.
  8. Klas

Klas Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2014
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Klas Nilsson
    There is an adjustable down position stop in the middle of the door frame that touch the under edge of the glass when travel downwards

Qavion and Carmellini like this.