355 Challenge For Sale on BAT | FerrariChat

355 Challenge For Sale on BAT

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Jasonberkeley, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he's an ass, but Steve Earle was a stud! :D

StregaP likes this.
  5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That car doesn’t reflect market. It’s terrifically rough and likely needs a complete restoration. I know a 98 in Europe just sold for $200k that’s turn-key (although not concourse quality) and I believe that’s more reflective of where prices of good 355ch are these days.

*Disclosure. I own a 355ch so I have some sort of vested interest even if I will never sell (my kids are guaranteed to wonder why dad bought all of these old race cars when they auction them off sometime down the line) :D

mclaudio, rob lay and Ira Schwartz like this.
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree with you mostly as a former owner. I lived through 20 years of the 355 C market and fact is they’ll never be appreciated like I think or you deserve. THE car from the epic 355 Challenge game everyone played in arcades, the car Hot Wheels produced millions of models, extensive late 90’s race history covered magazines and tv, arguably best sounding Ferrari ever 5 valves, and lowest maintenance of all Challenge cars.

However, most of the market doesn’t care. Car was hard to give away at $70k most of its life, scary maintenance costs, there are a bunch gathering dust so owners are easy to let go, and for sexy faster track car most going 360+ Challenge cars.

to agree with you now that my former 104504 is Concours restored to its Championship Steve Earle days I think it could set a record price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login