348 Radio install ? | FerrariChat

348 Radio install ?

Discussion in '348/355' started by John Glen, Mar 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Glen

John Glen Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2009
    Victoria, B.C, Can.
    Full Name:
    John Glen Wesanko
    Hello, I am planning on installing a radio in my 348 and thought I would enquire as to what must be removed to access radio box ? Must the whole console be removed ? This car has never had a radio. Thanks, JGW

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes the whole console has to come out to unlock the radio section and the hvac section. It's straight forward. Good luck.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    On my 348, I had the metal radio box in place so I just slid the radio into it. Removed only the left (RHD car) console carpeted cover to find the radio connector and to wire-in the adapter pigtail for the "Ferrari" Becker radio that I bought.

axarunner likes this.
  4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If the metal box is still there usually you can push the release pins and slide the head unit out if you're lucky the sleeve is the same for your new radio you can slide it in. Chances are it's not in which case you'd have to pull it out to put the new sleeve in. That was my scenario.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. John Glen

John Glen Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2009
    Victoria, B.C, Can.
    Full Name:
    John Glen Wesanko
    Thank you all. I was not initially sure how to get at the rear most console attachment screw. Once I realized the bottom of the console storage box just pulls out, revealing the last most rear floor attachment point. My radio did not come with the din "cage" to properly fit so I will have to source one to prevent a sloppy fit.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Mine has one fitted under the cover, doesn't work and never got round to fixing it lol.