348 or NSX which should i buy? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

348 or NSX which should i buy?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Fpassion, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    just buy a z06 :D

Faster, stronger, and cheap to fix.

End of story.

2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis

Getting girls and gaining confidence or being manly has little to do with it, obviously you just don't get it yet. Hopefully, with time you'll realize you don't have to justify owning a Ferrari but for the sole reason that it's a Ferrari, everything else is an excuse you feel you have to give others to justify what you really feel. Thank you Wax for a superlative description.

3. rhunt

rhunt Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    I currently own one of the fastest NSX's in the country and just purchased a 1994 348 Spyder. Stock for Stock, the NSX handles better while the 348 is a tad faster in straight line acceleration. The NSX is very comfortable and easy to drive, while the 348 gives me more of a race car feel. If I had to pick one, the answer is obvious, which is why my NSX is going to go for sale in a few weeks. I have owned the NSX for about 5 years and enjoyed every minute of it, but I have always wanted a Ferrari since a kid. Both cars are great, but if you are on a budget, the NSX is the way to go. I am probably going to drive the Ferrari for a year or 2 and then buy a Gallardo to have the feel of a Lambo also. The NSX community has been great and very helpful. I am kind of new to Ferrari Chat, but have already met some great people here.

The NSX got a lot of attention, but the Ferrari gets a ton more.

Rob

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Or vice-versa.

Good post.

I'll be interested to hear if you think the Gallardo delivers the Lambo feel. Not everyone does.

5. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    Dennis no need to defend yourself. Since you veered of topic I will respond. The heart does not need brain signals to function infact you can pull a heart out of the body and it will continue to beat. Decision making is not based always on logic which is why you are driving a Ferrari and not a Honda and why I one day wish to upgrade to drive a Ferrari and sell the Honda then to Lambo then to Carrera Gt. Inplace of "Ferrari" stay on topic and type "348". That is the car being compared no other Ferrari's. Bellow are reasons why "I" purchased an NSX over 348. Others may have different reasons which is fine.

1. Nsx aluminum
    2. Nsx faster accleration (less 93-94 348 Models)
    3. Longevity
    4. Resale
    5. Unique looks never outdated.
    6. no more depreciation
    7. trackablity
    8. At Nordschleife 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)
    9. Ayrton senna/Bobby Rahal, Zinardi tuned.

Here is what you being the guru of 348 should write to a prospect buyer instead of saying " you just dont get it", so let me fill the blanks for you.

1. 348 no power steering feels sporty
    2. Last of the old school feel
    3. sporty gear box
    4. sounds great
    5. trackability
    6. No more depreciation
    7.Unique looks

In response to manners before you edited it which you so eliquently put it. Here is a few excerpts from your courtesy writtings

"Maybe ignorance is bliss? Read all the posts and maybe you'll learn something about Ferrari's (348's) and NSX's. What's with guys like you, "You just dont get it"? learn, and then go back to whatever midnight chat room you abide in. Get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey! what's that ? Your mom is calling you, your Mac and Cheese is ready downstairs, better put the PS2 on pause and get down there before you get into trouble.
    Who brought this crap up again.

Kudos to you for having a 30 year old son and I wish you many more and years of bliss. Some of us young lads were raised well and do respect our elders.

Greg-Z did you trade your NSX for that black 348?

Bullfighter I drove my Cousins Gallardo for about 300 miles and I felt it was to heavy being 4-wheel, rear wheel drive feels more sporty but I did love the sound note.

Happy karting be it NSX/Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo

6. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Mr. Fpassion , if you have read all the previous threads on this subject why did you bring the matter up again? Just to piss us all off?
    Thank you for taking lines out of months of postings on this subject out of context by the way.
    For someone that calls himself "Fpassion" and still is yet to own or probably drive a 348/355 or any Ferrari I still don't think you get it! Again you try and justify logically and compare the NSX and the 348, fine, your choice, and and as have many have said here including myself the NSX is a fine car, you will love it, but this is not the place to try and convince the "Brotherhood" of 348 owners here on FChat we have made an unwise decision.
    We've all heard it over and over again and it's getting really old.........this a Ferrari forum not an NSX forum and until you experience a 348 or any other Ferrari your opinion is just that. Do your homework, follow your heart and get the car that's right for you not us.

7. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Why won't this thread just die?!!! BTW, the seats in an NSX suck compared to the 348.

8. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    because you keep posting things like "BTW, the seats in an NSX suck compared to the 348".

9. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    Mr Supreme warlord Bush I did not bring this thread back up or give it a bump so kindly take my name of your frustrations and direct it where it belongs. I created this thread many years back and only a few times even posted here. BTW did you have spinners on your 20in bling wheels nsx?

Stop policing this thread Captain Bush. I am not out to prove anything to a former doug nash corvette owner who has graduated to the brotherhood.lol

I am going over to my brothers house and cruise his 355 right behind and watch him drive my NSX :)

10. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis

That's it, no more wasting my time with your incoherent, illogical ramblings. Please go away and back to your NSX pals and take your innuendoes and B.S. with you.
    BTW, I've never owned a Corvette.

Mod.........please end this rediculous thread.

11. bsereda

bsereda Karting
    BANNED

Mar 2, 2007
    Hello ... which should I buy a black on red 360 Modena or a white on white Lexus SC430? Which is better for the environment and which one would you say is more sporty? I'm concerned that I won't be able to listen to Melissa Ethridge in the Ferrari because it makes boo boo noises when you step on the gas thingy.

12. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Okey "The most useless wannabe-sarcastic award of the decade goes to"....

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    First, I like those darn NSX's.

But, since the thread starter has:

Irritated many along the bumpy ride
    Made decision
    Laid out blueprint

Another decision is made: Thread will be closed, and lastly, put on the ol' reading glasses -

It would be unwise for yourself or compadres to start yet another thread or post similar unctuous jerk-n-squirts on FerrariChat regarding the fabled NSX.

14. bsereda

bsereda Karting
    BANNED

Mar 2, 2007
    Sorry didn't know you were a Lexus fan... Good thing I didn't use an ultra macho car like the Mercedes SLK in any way that could be construed as sarcastic. How about an Escalade with oversize chrome wheels? Now there's a ride

15. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    #5 is is higly subjective. To me, the NSX looks bland.
    #6 isn't true from prices I've seen on eBay.
    #7 kinda cancels out your "reliability" reasoning. Any car that is seriously tracked will go kaput (tie rods, bearings, etc). Same issue if you track a Nissan, Honda or Ferrari.

Welcome to the ever growing thread :D

16. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    How have I irrated many when I have only posted a few times in the many years this thread has run over 20 pages? Did you even reading all the posts before you imposted your preimptive verdict to close this thread.

Blaim the person who first pissed on this thread it has nothing to do with the thread starter.

BTW Last time I spoke with the owner of Ferrari-chat "Rob" he stated it was perfectly ok to discuss any issues and comparison's for purposes of better understanding a car or make so long as the topic stays on track as stated in the policy of Ferrarichat.

Rob Please sticky this thread for those interested in such comparison.

Chow

17. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    :) I know and I suck as much as this thread! :)

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

At the request of multipe members, and one "comrade" I'm closing this thread. Seems it has become a rather unpleasant pissing contest, eh?

DM