348 hospitality in Door County, WI | FerrariChat

348 hospitality in Door County, WI

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by jjmalez, Oct 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Spending our eleventh wedding anniversary last weekend in Sister Bay, WI. My wife and I were surprised to come across several Ferrari's gathering at Baileys Harbor during a winery event. FCOA Director David Curro was showing his 1992 Ferrari 348 ts. He was among a dozen other Ferrari/Alpha/Maserati cars that came out regardless of the 100% chance of rain in the forecast. (and yes, it was raining)

I don't know David personally, but was so impressed with his enthusiasm about the marquee. He let several observers pose next to his 348, allowing several women and children to sit in his car for a picture. His 348 was just perfect. Right year ('92) right color (rosso/tan)

He was kind enough to hand out a nice post card of chassis #091141 for anyone interested.

Hope to pay this forward someday.

Kind regards,

Joseph.

2. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hello Joseph,
    I was there, it was a Great time! What a Great group of people.
    We really had a Great time in our spirited drive back to the Hotel in Appleton.
    Hope to see you around!

Brian

jjmalez likes this.
  3. dcurro1

dcurro1 Karting

Jan 17, 2012
    Brookfield, Wis
    Full Name:
    David Curro
    Dear Joseph: Thank you for your kind words, it was a fun weekend in Honor of Wayne Obry founder of Motion Products. Each year Wayne would invite his customers and friends to join him for a "Fall Color Tour" of Door County. Upon Wayne's passing the event has been renamed the " Wayne Obry Memorial Fall Color Tour". We were honored to have Wayne's Wife Debbie and his Daughter to join us for the tour. Special guest was Kevin Caufield driving his Pebble Beach Award winning 212 Inter which Motion Products restored. We were also thankful to Russ Turco, ( Ferrari Club Member ) Owner of Stone's Throw Winery for providing a wonderful setting on his lawn and an amazing lunch for our group. If you had the opportunity to talk with any of the other Ferrari Club members, I am certain you found them to also be warm, inviting and passionate. Two unexpected events happened on the lawn at Stone's Throw that day: One of the gals who had her photo taken in our 348 texted the photo to a friend of her's in Green Bay. The return text from her friend to her simply stated: "That is my cousin David!" How small the world is! The other event involved DANNY. About three years earlier while I was at Road America a young boy was trying to catch up to our Ferrari in the Paddock to get a closer look. I found a great parking spot next to a Red Cobra and quickly took a photo. Upon looking up from my phone I saw the young lad running up to our car. We let Danny get into the drivers seat and he really enjoyed the thrill of being in the Ferrari, tooting the horn and turning the steering wheel with a broad smile on his face as though he had just won a race! When I returned home that evening I reviewed the photos I had taken during the day. I was pleasantly surprised that I unknowingly captured Danny in the far right had edge of the photo running up to the Ferrari! While on the lawn at Stones Throw I was tapped on the arm from behind and upon turning around an approximately 10 year old boy said: " Hi, I'm Danny, I drove your car at Road America!" It turned out his family has a home in Door County and as they were driving past Stone's Throw they say the cars on the lawn and decided to stop and take a look. How small the world is! One of the greatest joys I receive from my Ferrari ownership is the happiness it spreads to others. We are so fortunate to be custodians of these special automobiles! Thanks Again! Forza Ferrari
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jjmalez and WATSON like this.