348 Heat rear deck heat shield dimensions | FerrariChat

348 Heat rear deck heat shield dimensions

Discussion in '348/355' started by Meister, Jan 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hi, I replaced my worn OEM heat shields on my ex 348 TS with material similar to that used in this thread

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/348-355-rear-deck-lid-heat-shield-replacement-howto.439682/

I just bought a spider and want to ship so heat mat down to where the car is so I can work on it in the spring before bringing it back to MN. I forget how wide the mat needs to be (side to side) of the rear deck lid.

Since I don't have my car right handy, could anyone who has their car accessible measure the rough width (again side to side) of the heat mats area?

Thanks

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    HI. Thanks. Overall I'm not looking for the dimensions of the heat shields themselves, just the general dimensions of the non louvered portion of the rear decklid so I can approximate and cut down the material I have on hand and ship it vs the entire piece.

I think the non louvered portion of the rear deck lid is like 40"x 20"?

Thanks

4. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    In metric the widest part is 100cm and depth 50cm , so your dimensions are correct.

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Thanks!