348 belt change engine clearance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 belt change engine clearance

Discussion in '348/355' started by alexjack, Mar 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    No there is no lightweight like quick jack weight range that goes higher. At least not state side, I bet there is in Europe though. There is a light weight option that does work but its not a lift, floor jacks work. Google it some as I have soon some light options that are not available stateside.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Quick jack has plenty of clearance for engine removal. Most of the work was on the lowest lock position We raised the cradle (I fabbed one in metal see second pic) to the motor with floor jacks (see the first pic) , then lowered the motor then lifted the car the rest of the way once it was on the ground. mr308gtb (Marc) helped out. Ran into a snag with the cross bar hitting the engine bolt plates that caused 3 hour fire drill, ugh so painful but if we had the lift points further forward it would have been a breeze. The point is is like 6 inches of clearance. (see the last pic). I used 1.5 inch planks under the jacks because I did not know if it would clear, Was not needed. Quick jack has plenty of clearance. That's Marc is the picture. Thanks for the extra hands Marc!

BTW we bolted on 12" wheels I fabbed mounts for once it was out of the car so we can wheel it though back yard into workshop. Ran out of time, next week we'll wheel it back.:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ernie likes this.
  3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The bumper off did help a lot with the clearance. I can't work in a skinny garage like that.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  5. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Quick Jack just revised all their models so they can lift 3" more.

steved033 likes this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #31 Ferrarium, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    There is the height at lowest position. Interesting on the higher quick jacks now. Thanks.

Attached Files: