348 alternator issue | FerrariChat

348 alternator issue

Discussion in '348/355' started by raoulfilippi, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raoulfilippi

raoulfilippi Karting

Sep 28, 2018
    Bologna-Italy
    Full Name:
    Raoul Filippi
    Hi guys, my 348 has an alternator issue. The technician has told that it should be a matter of the voltage regulator or diodes plate.
    Any one has other suggestions? It would be appreciated if someone can suggest me where I may find those spares and if possible recover something coming from other brands.
    Thank you
    Raoul

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    ernie and raoulfilippi like this.
  3. raoulfilippi

raoulfilippi Karting

Sep 28, 2018
    Bologna-Italy
    Full Name:
    Raoul Filippi
    Yes, I have the model, the alternator is a nippondenso 1012115071 (ferrari code 155785), thanks for help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Lifeboatboy

Lifeboatboy Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    London, UK
    I know you're not replacing the whole unit, but just a word of warning... I replaced my alternator (entire unit) a year ago on my 348 in the UK, and the part (sent directly from the OEM) was incorrect - I mean the actual unit itself. Literally, we ordered the correct part, received a part badged up with the correct part number, and found that Nippondenso themselves had mistakenly labelled a completely different batch of alternators with the one used on 348s! So if you're taking parts from a correctly badged up alternator, double-check that it's not just the badge that is correct, but the unit itself also.

Qavion likes this.
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It looks like that Ferrari part number has been superceded by P/N 70000809 which has the 105amp rating:

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=70000809

This is more complicated than I thought. There are concerns about case size and post sizes.

Also, if "11M 16" is a date, it looks like your regulator is less than 4 years old (?)

I wonder how sure he is.

The 348 alternator seems to have a few "issues". Do you have 2 earth straps on your alternator?

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Those two things (diode pack, and regulator) are both available in the US from a number of places. I buy them directly from the Auto Electric guys who rebuild the alternators.

emac likes this.
  7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The OP is in Italy