348/355 Brake pump conversion kits | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348/355 Brake pump conversion kits

Discussion in '348/355' started by User-C3, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  2. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thanks for the purchase and nice comment Tim.

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I spend a lot of time doing CNC and fab work, in my opinion this kit in un-necessarily nice actually, its must have for all so when you need to replace a pump you'll be ready.

User-C3 likes this.
  4. jfink

jfink Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2013
    Charlottesville, va
    Full Name:
    jon fink
    I just ordered your conversion kit...thanks so much !! Would you please give me the jaguar part number so I can make sure to order the correct part ? A great insurance policy !! thanks again

5. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thanks for the order Jon,
    I believe the factory jaguar Teves pump assembly part number is JLM1885 which is listed for RHD and there is also a JLM1884 which is listed for LHD. They both seem to be the same from what I can find. Apparently from the Jaguar website these pump assemblies are found on
    XJ6 & XJ12 1987 - 1994 CLASSIC
    as well as
    XJS SPORTS COUPE/CONVERTIBLE 1975 - 1996 CLASSIC
    This could be another avenue for individuals trying to seek out a good deal on the pumps.

Jaguar website
    https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/jlm1885-motor-and-pump.html

I'm still packing up parts and shipping them out while sheltering in place.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. jfink

jfink Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2013
    Charlottesville, va
    Full Name:
    jon fink
    Appreciate this and please take your time. My ABS light has been going on and off intermittently and I thought this kit would be smart to keep in reserve. We manufacture very high end luxury packaging and I have 900 workers in my factory. I saw your design and fabrication skill firsthand, very well done !! Thanks for the leads on the pumps as well. Have a great weekend. When it comes time to do the change over I may ask for some guidance. Thanks again, Jon

User-C3 likes this.
  7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Bought this kit via Ebay the other day. Quickly shipped and excellent quality parts! Its stuff like this (the people/members/owners/community) that make F chat such a wonderful resource!

User-C3 and Qavion like this.
  8. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thank you for the post, I'm glad you're pleased.

9. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Anyone interested in the kits is more than welcome to contact me direct for purchase as well.

10. solana_sc

solana_sc Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2009
    SC, USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Oliver
    I'm with Eric: this kit is beautifully made! It's on the shelf along with a new pump motor and a couple of used JLM1884 assemblies just in case. Thank you, Trevor.

11. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thanks for your purchase Walt. I'm glad your pleased.

12. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    This is awesome, folks. If you see my other (recent) post, my ATE/Teves pump failed in my '95 456gt. This is the same pump/part number as the Jag, Reatta, etc referenced in this thread.

I swear I'm not trying to hijack the thread --- but curious, if this conversion kit referenced here (in this thread) is necessary for the 456? Either the bracket (which I don't think looks necessary at all), but in particular the banjo bolt and other hose fittings...really curious about that? Thanks to everyone! wp

13. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I cant speak to the mounting in the 456gt but would assume it is the same mounting bracket. With that said if there is nothing in the way with the accumulator and pressure line being in opposite positions I would say you should be fine. As you said if that works you will just have to get a new pressure line and banjo bolt.

14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The 348/355 mounts the pump at an angle to clear the lid of the trunk when it is closed. The jaguar pump being from a right hand drive car, tilts the other way therefore the bracket is necessary.

In a 328 where it is mounted inside a chassis, the bracket is not necessary. I cannot tell from your picture on the other thread whether you need a bracket or not. Only you would know.

15. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Can you take a photo of the mounted pump in your car Will?

16. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    Yes, I will...not near the car today...but later this week. However, you mentioned something in your earlier post....It seems almost certain you are confirming that I'll have to get the new hoses and fittings (meaning that the current 456gt fitted hoses wont bolt right up to the Jag pump)??? accurate? thx

17. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Again I'm not sure about the 456 hard line fitting, but the transition line between hard and the pump will have to be different because the fitting into the jag unit is a larger size than the ferrari unit.

Willie_Paul likes this.
  18. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    ...and I found some photos online of the pump mounted in the 348 (per this thread)....does your bracket essentially "flip" the mounting direction of the pump (on the 348)? ...on the 456 the "bomb" is on the outermost edge of the fender line (ie - opposite from the engine). ...and if I buy/replace with a RHD Jag unit, the bomb would be closer to the engine...and thus your bracket replacement would place the RHD unit bomb in the same location as was Ferrari OEM? ...I think I'm beginning to understand the RHD v LHD difference.

19. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thats correct. The bracket kit just flips around the factory bracket to allow the accumulator to position into the same place as factory, and actually a bit farther to better clear the access panel.

If you post the photo you found I could tell you real quick.

20. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    Part Numbers: I also noticed that my (456gt) PN is 10.0511-9020.1 and all the Jag ones on eBay/etc have a different PN (10.0511-9023.1)...can you clarify the reason? is that perhaps what distinguishes a LHD from a RHD unit? ....also I'm posting my photos momentarily. wp

21. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    Here are photos. The green actuator switch is positioned to the right (I am standing in front of the car facing it...and it's a LHD car). The green actuator switch is along (almost underneath) the outer edge of the fender line (above the driver's side front wheel well). There's a lot of room in there...and as stated earlier was curious if the bracket is needed to flip the late model Jag/RHD pump body or simply only need the hoses/fittings.

I'm also (perhaps) confused...are you guys saying that Teves/ATE made Right and Left sided abs pumps? Maybe I'm missing the point of the OP discussion. thx
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The point is the 348 Teves is not available (or not at a reasonable cost) but the Jag pump is the same mechanically except the mounting is different. This allows one to use Jag pumps which are available used, tons of them and use the bracket kit that Trever made to use the Jag Teves pump in the 348.

23. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Looks like you have a completely different mount than the 348 and 355's. It also looks like if you simply switch out with the jag pump the accumulator will hit the panel. To run the jag pump you will need some sort of adapter bracket or modify the existing factory one to position the pump and accumulator properly. Anything is possible.