340 America Tribute on a shortened 330GT 2+2 Chassis | FerrariChat

340 America Tribute on a shortened 330GT 2+2 Chassis

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Vintage47, Oct 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Looks longer,lower and more aggressive. Not bad.

3. dim

dim Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    SN 7877 Detail

4. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    They have added a boot to make it an ideal tourer !

5. mondial 747

mondial 747 Karting

Dec 7, 2006
    UK/S.AFRICA
    Full Name:
    COLIN BREMNER
    As good as factory . Brilliant. creative.

6. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    Sorry, but not as pretty as the 330GT they started from.

7. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Of course, that would depend on how crumpled, rusty, banged up, etc, the donor 330 was...

8. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean, needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
    Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye, not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues

9. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Not too bad on it's own, but it doesn't compare well with the Vignale original which is absolutely spot on...

10. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Gorgeous for sure, but I've never quite understood using a mid-60's disc-braked chassis for an early-50's drum-braked rebody (330 chassis for Touring spiders, etc.). Unlike most here, I'm not a stickler for originality (every car I've ever owned has been modified to taste) but the eras are just too different and too far apart to get my head around.

Still, it'll be a helluva fun car for the owner to enjoy and that's what matters, regardless of any or our opinion.

11. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean, needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
    Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye, not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues

Gorgeous for sure, but I've never quite understood using a mid-60's disc-braked chassis for an early-50's drum-braked rebody (330 chassis for Touring spiders, etc.). Unlike most here, I'm not a stickler for originality (every car I've ever owned has been modified to taste) but the eras are just too different and too far apart to get my head around.

Still, it'll be a helluva fun car for the owner to enjoy and that's what matters, regardless of any or our opinion.

Bingo!

12. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    +1 and I assume the choice of chassis was determined by cost and availability otherwise as you say, it makes little sense